Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

1K for a week (yearend 2014) but no GPU/RPUs yet??? (UPDATE: Now posting)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1K for a week (yearend 2014) but no GPU/RPUs yet??? (UPDATE: Now posting)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
All posted...

Last edited by LordTentacle; Jan 21, 2015 at 8:16 pm
Old Jan 21, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K; UA 1K
Gee, pee you!

Last edited by matkusopet; Jan 25, 2015 at 3:30 pm
Old Jan 21, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by matkusopet
Hussssssssssshhhhhhhhh........
THIS!!^ I think some people don't realize this is a "public" forum. Geeeeez
Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:25 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Glad to hear people are FINALLY getting their instruments!

Originally Posted by meFIRST
21 days later. A full 3 weeks.

The kits may take 3 months. Who knows.
At least I got my GPUs on time--but my kit still says "processing." And I may need the new card in 2 weeks when I'm on international travel. Sigh.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:49 pm

Since the SWUs and CR-1s are posting, I think this thread needs to be closed, less more people out / tattletale themselves with unhelpful information.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by meFIRST
Since the SWUs and CR-1s are posting, I think this thread needs to be closed, less more people out / tattletale themselves with unhelpful information.
Totally agree
Old Jan 24, 2015, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
More than expected GPUs posted

So I was the one that had to "borrow" 3 GPUs. So I fully expected that only 3 GPUs will post. However, I got 6. We will see if UA will claw back 3...
Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by vdostoi1
So I was the one that had to "borrow" 3 GPUs. So I fully expected that only 3 GPUs will post. However, I got 6. We will see if UA will claw back 3...
Well, if they don't claw them back within, say, a month you could call MP and remind them that they need to take them back. I mean it works both ways, right?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Odd that my pending/processing status has finally changed to 1K 2015 one week into the new year but was earned in November 2014. Even more odd that there are no RPU or GPU posted as of today.

No more flights booked on UA until that is resolved!
Old Jan 24, 2015, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bonehead
Well, if they don't claw them back within, say, a month you could call MP and remind them that they need to take them back. I mean it works both ways, right?
It should, but I am torn...
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA GS slavery, *A Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Still not posted here... i called united and they said by 2/15. ...?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:15 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Bonehead
What I foresee happening is that sometime down the road, UA will claw back those "lent" GPUs, and we'll get a rash of threads posting about how UA ruined a trip by punting the pax back into E-.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by vdostoi1
I would keep quiet about this.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, HHonors Diamond,
Question The opposite problem...GPU/RPUs granted but no status?

Hi,

I've had something strange occur with my MP account, after signing up for a MP United Club CC. As background I live in NZ but have ties to US and could apply for CC that way. Meant I am now waived from minimum segment rule. In 2014 flew approx 134,000 miles on *A partners (not United). After being accepted for the CC, I noticed within one day that RPUs and GPUs posted into my account (6 of each respectively). But status still shows me as general member. Is this a glitch in the system. Would love to use the GPUs for the long haul flights from MEL-LAX that I have booked for my family later this year, but unclear if this is an IT hitch or not.

Any insights?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by riteshshah
Hi,

I've had something strange occur with my MP account, after signing up for a MP United Club CC. As background I live in NZ but have ties to US and could apply for CC that way. Meant I am now waived from minimum segment rule. In 2014 flew approx 134,000 miles on *A partners (not United). After being accepted for the CC, I noticed within one day that RPUs and GPUs posted into my account (6 of each respectively). But status still shows me as general member. Is this a glitch in the system. Would love to use the GPUs for the long haul flights from MEL-LAX that I have booked for my family later this year, but unclear if this is an IT hitch or not.

Any insights?
When did you get approved for the card? In 2014? Only in that circumstance do you get 1K status and if your address on your MP account is in NZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.