Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

1K for a week (yearend 2014) but no GPU/RPUs yet??? (UPDATE: Now posting)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1K for a week (yearend 2014) but no GPU/RPUs yet??? (UPDATE: Now posting)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Avis First, Hertz PC
pmUA definitely had this issue with partner miles, sometimes they took more than a week to post.

pmUA did not have this issue with UA miles, those posted pretty quickly.

I have full confidence that UA will update most of the statuses correctly. For those they do not, hopefully you have high enough status for 2014 to skip the phone queue.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by exerda
Not to turn this into a UA-vs-CO thread, but we all know why it's an issue... PMUA also did not take 72 hours to post credit for their own flights, didn't claw back miles a year later (and retroactively claw back status, etc.), and didn't require we keep ever-more-complex spreadsheets just to make sure their miles posted correctly.
UACO likes to copy DL.

I heard that DL posts miles after your plane takes off. True?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Avis First, Hertz PC
Also, don't forget to check your PQD. I've had mine adjusted a bit, only noticed when the total changed, although it seems mostly correct, there is some "fuzzy" math on intl segments.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by exerda
And on the 12th, they'll claim this mysterious "sweep" hasn't happened yet...

Hate to say it, but HUACA. They can definitely post you 2 GPUs manually, and IME, they will claw back 2 of the others when they finally issue.

I have had them do this with RPUs before, though it took 3 calls or so until I got someone willing to do so. (My RPU hadn't cleared, and 48 hours later still hadn't recredited, and was going to expire in 72 hours, when my next flight was and which had available "R" space at that very moment.)
Yes, this is definitely very doable. MPSC just did it for me yesterday. They initially offered to give me 2 GPUs, I said I needed 3 and they posted three instantly.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by kb1992
I heard that DL posts miles after your plane takes off. True?
Years ago it was.

Currently, DL miles post same day for morning and some early afternoon flights, and by next day for all other flights.

The obnoxious thing about CO's systems is their erratic nature. Usually miles post in 3 days, but sometimes they take longer. Then once in a while it will look like they missed a day (e.g., a later flight will post, but a flight the day before won't), but then it will catch up.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by channa
Sometimes with UA you have to give them an ultimatum.

1. Tell them how long you've been working on it (to demonstrate good faith)
2. Tell them the desired solution (which is something you're entitled to anyway)
3. Tell them the consequence to not providing said solution (the ultimatum)
4. Tell them how long they have to do it (the timeframe)

Example: Good afternoon. I apologize in advance for my frustration on this, but this is now my third call on this matter, and I'm really hoping that you can help me get this resolved. I requalified for 1K a week and a half ago, but United hasn't posted my global upgrades yet. They usually post in a day or two, but I know how Continental's computer systems can be erratic at times, and now we're going on a week and a half, and I really need this resolved.

I have a ticket to Australia I just purchased under Record Locator ABC123. I would like to upgrade that now with the globals that I earned because there are upgrade seats available. It is currently 2:00 PM, and I have to run to a meeting at 2:30 PM. Seeing that I've already invested so much time into this issue, I would like for those globals to be deposited in my account before I must leave, otherwise I need to move on. I only have so much time in a day to be a SHARES victim, ya know? *chuckle*

My plan is to refund this ticket and buy a ticket on Delta instead if I can't get this resolved on this call.

Is this something you can help with?

haha awesome!! OK so plan is wait until sunday the 11th, and if nothing, Im gonna call and use the above !! (although I bet the MPSC is closed sundays....)
Old Jan 10, 2015, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by channa
Years ago it was.

Currently, DL miles post same day for morning and some early afternoon flights, and by next day for all other flights.

The obnoxious thing about CO's systems is their erratic nature. Usually miles post in 3 days, but sometimes they take longer. Then once in a while it will look like they missed a day (e.g., a later flight will post, but a flight the day before won't), but then it will catch up.
Haha.. I like the word "erratic".

In fact we often are the beneficiaries of "erratic" CO system.

(Don't want to publicize the details though )
Old Jan 10, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K; UA 1K
After three -- THREE -- cancellations on the same routing in December, my PQD and PQMs were "Processing," and I wanted to make a booking for this summer and called in, since the RPUs/GPUs hadn't posted. The agent said that if I had a reservation number or booked the flight, she would manually apply the yet undeposited instruments for me. It appears the manual deposits can be corroborated. Still waiting on my J ticket from HNL to EWR to post from Dec. 31...

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Hilarious that we are all getting different answers when it comes to the date. Has anyone else had experience with them manually adding them (other than the "exception" above)?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1k
After calling about 8 times over the past week, and being told different explanations/dates each time, including from 4 different supervisors, and several times being told there was no way to manually deposit them - I finally got to the right person (supervisor) who was willing to do the right thing. He asked how many I needed and I instantly had 2. No help on my outbound today (12th on list), but was able to confirm biz on the Jan 14th return immediately. Whew. Shouldn't be this difficult!
Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by strayatty
After calling about 8 times over the past week, and being told different explanations/dates each time, including from 4 different supervisors, and several times being told there was no way to manually deposit them - I finally got to the right person (supervisor) who was willing to do the right thing. He asked how many I needed and I instantly had 2. No help on my outbound today (12th on list), but was able to confirm biz on the Jan 14th return immediately. Whew. Shouldn't be this difficult!
Unfortunately, everything seems to be a battle with this airline.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 6:02 am

Programs: AA EXP Marriott Titanium
just checked my account this morning still no 2 RPUs and 6 GPUs
Old Jan 11, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: MP Ag, former 1K
Originally Posted by songzm
just checked my account this morning still no 2 RPUs and 6 GPUs
None here as well, but I think it's 4 RPU's and 6 GPU's.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by davewang202
None here as well, but I think it's 4 RPU's and 6 GPU's.
Presumably you already got 2 RPUs when you crossed 75K PQM...?
Old Jan 11, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Presumably you already got 2 RPUs when you crossed 75K PQM...?
Yes I crossed 75K PQM in October, so I have 2 RPUs already

Last edited by songzm; Jan 11, 2015 at 12:34 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 11, 2015, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had a flight on 12/30 that made me a 1K. Miles/RPUs/GPUs were posted on 12/31 which I found interesting as it usually takes 2-3 days after a flight for miles to post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.