Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2015]

Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
If you need documentation of delay / cancellation for trip insurance or refunds from hotel / tour / .... operator, try this
Verification letters
Upon request, we can provide a statement of proof that a United flight was delayed or canceled. You may email your request to [email protected]. Be sure to include the names of all customers in your party, confirmation number, flight numbers and dates of travel, phone contact and the email address or mailing address where you would like it sent. Please allow 5-10 business days for processing.​
Print Wikipost

Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2015]

Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA - Plat
UA1114

SAN -- EWR. We've been diverted to MDT b/c EWR is backed up and we don't have enough gas to circle. This seems ridiculous. Recourse??
Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:25 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
A band of thunderstorms is supposed to be moving through EWR right around now; suspect it is impacting flight operations and where aircraft can safely circle in holding patterns.

Small comfort, I know. Hope you get to EWR eventually and safely.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA - Plat
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
A band of thunderstorms is supposed to be moving through EWR right around now; suspect it is impacting flight operations and where aircraft can safely circle in holding patterns.

Thanks.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:45 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian

From our friends at the FAA website

Due to WEATHER / LOW CEILINGS and WEATHER / THUNDERSTORMS, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Newark International Airport, Newark, NJ (EWR). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 2 hours and 1 minute. To see if you may be affected, select your departure airport and check "Delays by Destination".
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:04 pm
Suspended

Was I just the victim of the longest delayed domestic flight ever?

United Flight 481
Status: Delayed due to Aircraft maintenance (Estimated Departure 29 Hours 4 Minutes Late)

City: Chicago, IL (ORD - O'Hare)
Gate: B19
Check-in Terminal: Terminal 1, Concourse B
Scheduled Time: 7:11 p.m.
Scheduled Date: Sun., Mar. 29, 2015
Estimated Time: 12:15 a.m.
Estimated Date: Tue., Mar. 31, 2015

Anyone top that?

By the way, I cancelled and will fly out on AA tomorrow.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by NewportGuy

United Flight 481
Status: Delayed due to Aircraft maintenance (Estimated Departure 29 Hours 4 Minutes Late)

Anyone top that?

welp, i knew it wouldn't take long for UA to answer the question 'can it get any worse'...
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by NewportGuy

United Flight 481

Anyone top that?

Wow... I would have expected that from UX, but mainline?

Were you on it last night when they returned to the gate? Did you make any attempt to be reaccommodated UAs flights? Or was the AA ticket similarly priced? First flight had two empty middles (one E+ one last row), the other two directs had half a dozen or so empty seats. All ran on UA time (5~15 minutes late).

Your flight is predictably empty (weird they've left it on the schedule... they must need the plane there at that point) but it could fill up again if something goes awry tomorrow.

I doubt one would be able to buy a seat on it, but an SDC might be possible... might be the best way for a gold to get a CPU on a midcon.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: UA 1K / 1M, AA EXP
Another great week for UA's Hawaii flights - 641, the morning 777 from LAX to HNL cancelled due to MX on two consecutive days: 3/29 and 3/30. Amazing...
Old Mar 31, 2015, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by kranabargar
Another great week for UA's Hawaii flights - 641, the morning 777 from LAX to HNL cancelled due to MX on two consecutive days: 3/29 and 3/30. Amazing...
Ghetto 777 birds... the old domestic config 777's. Seems these have been cancelled quite frequently lately. You would think they could invest in this product a bit more since they must be quite profitable being able to get nearly 80 people more on the plane compared to the 3 class int'l configuration.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by wto605
Wow... I would have expected that from UX, but mainline?

Were you on it last night when they returned to the gate? Did you make any attempt to be reaccommodated UAs flights? Or was the AA ticket similarly priced? First flight had two empty middles (one E+ one last row), the other two directs had half a dozen or so empty seats. All ran on UA time (5~15 minutes late).

Your flight is predictably empty (weird they've left it on the schedule... they must need the plane there at that point) but it could fill up again if something goes awry tomorrow.

I doubt one would be able to buy a seat on it, but an SDC might be possible... might be the best way for a gold to get a CPU on a midcon.
Yes, I was on a paid F ticket (business trip) and any time a late SNA flight returns to the gate at O'Hare I look to the Hilton for a room and a steak dinner and reschedule for the next day. I made the mistake ONCE of being on a late flight that had to be diverted to LAX because of the 11pm curfew at SNA and vowed to NEVER make that mistake again. So I went over to AA, which operates more flights to SNA each week anyway.

But I was also curious if that delay qualified as the longest scheduled delay of a domestic flight.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just walked into SMF and noticed that UA1422 scheduled for 5:40a will depart at 1pm
Old Apr 3, 2015, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Just walked into SMF and noticed that UA1422 scheduled for 5:40a will depart at 1pm
Their calling it "Late inbound aircraft arrival" on .com. Funny since the aircraft has been in SMF since 8 last night.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Their calling it "Late inbound aircraft arrival" on .com. Funny since the aircraft has been in SMF since 8 last night.
Yeah I saw that on the board. I didn't ask the agents what was up but it sounded fishy to me.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Now posted as MX after the flight. This is why I watch for other departures in the day... if I had been on 1596 today I would have showed up an hour early to get my CPU... or entire row of E+... or 12 consecutive rows of empty seats.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 8:40 pm

1504 from LAX to IAH had a 5.5 hour maintenance delay. Saw it pushing back onto the taxiway while I was waiting for my flight, but then it returned on its own power to the gate 10 minutes later. Looks like they finally swapped aircraft and are on their way now. Anyone know what exactly was wrong with that bird?

I had something similar happen in February when my SFO-IAD flight got delayed by about 6 hours after numerous failed attempts to fix our 752. We ended up getting a p.s. bird which was quite the nice upgrade with the lie-flat seats.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.