Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
GS/Global Services is the highest tier of elite status. It is by invitation -- the invite criteria is not public but seems to require substantial annual spending with UA both in terms of absolute dollar amounts and purchasing higher fare classes (higher cpm - cents per mile).

GS have significantly enhanced services / benefits over 1Ks. There is little said publicly by UA on GS benefits and/or qualification.

Last years's thread, Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2014]
Thread on qualiflying for 2015, Global Services 2015 Notifications (ONLY)
and a thread on FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: GS 2015 -- No Word Yet / Still waiting / Why?

Known facts from United:
  • Global Services recognizes the extraordinary dedication of our top flyers. We consider a number of factors beyond the usual Premier-qualifying criteria.
  • We look at your travel spend on United-operated flights relative to that of other top Premier flyers over recent consecutive years.
  • Usually, members invited to Global Services tend to consistently purchase premium cabins or fully refundable tickets.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24280055-post276.html

We appreciate your commitment to United® in 2014, and thank you for making us your choice of airline so often throughout the year. We've carefully reviewed your request to be reconsidered for Global ServicesSM status. Unfortunately, based upon your flight activity, we are unable to extend a Global Services invitation for 2015.

As you plan your travel for 2015, here are a few things to keep in mind:

■ Global Services recognizes the extraordinary dedication of our top flyers. We consider a number of factors beyond the usual Premier®-qualifying criteria.

■ We evaluate your travel spend on United-operated flights relative to that of other top Premier flyers over recent consecutive years.

■ Usually, members invited to Global Services tend to consistently purchase premium cabin or fully refundable tickets.

On behalf of everyone at United, thank you for your commitment and valued business. We appreciate that you make us your choice in the skies, and will look forward to seeing you on many future flights.

Best regards,
Your Global Services team
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2015]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: United GS, AA, SWA, Delta
Originally Posted by mikelcf
Last few years I have received the GS box in the regular mail. Its a cellophaned black box.
I just got mine the other day. Regular mail and it took 4 1/2 months. That was after a email and phone call mid-Feb.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jgsx
Yes, my post was correct, and still is.
thanks!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Question for you experts. I remember reading somewhere that if it was T-72 hours before the flight, and there was F space greater than 2, we could call in and get upgraded. Is this correct?

I have a flight monday where Im in a middle seat, and there are 3 F class fares available. I tried calling and the GS agent said there wasnt any inventory to clear me into. Thanks!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by Chukiechz
Question for you experts. I remember reading somewhere that if it was T-72 hours before the flight, and there was F space greater than 2, we could call in and get upgraded. Is this correct?

I have a flight monday where Im in a middle seat, and there are 3 F class fares available. I tried calling and the GS agent said there wasnt any inventory to clear me into. Thanks!
Assuming your fare is refundable / no change fee.... how much to buy up on that flight? That's too bad that they can't accommodate into F. I would even call the GS line back and ask if there are any seats being held until T<24hr that they ould sneak you into? Usually there are 1-2 blocks of seats that are blocked...... worth a try.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: UA GS

How have you determined 3 FC seats are available? Have you determined this by looking at the "Fare Class" display info from the Booking Engine? If so, call back. They will release the seat for upgrade.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by LAXOGG
How have you determined 3 FC seats are available? Have you determined this by looking at the "Fare Class" display info from the Booking Engine? If so, call back. They will release the seat for upgrade.

Yes, I logged on and clicked on the Fare Class details, and it says "F3"

Edit: just called back and got denied again. He said for international flights they could clear 3 days ahead, but not for domestic.

Last edited by Chukiechz; Apr 24, 2015 at 10:36 am
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Yes, I logged on and clicked on the Fare Class details, and it says "F3"

Edit: just called back and got denied again. He said for international flights they could clear 3 days ahead, but not for domestic.
My experience is that they will always clear you if PN>0 less than five days out, and occasionally but not always when PN=0. This is based only a few cases of not clearing automatically at the window, though.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA GS / MM
It's possible for domestic too.

Last edited by GS8101; Apr 27, 2015 at 1:18 am
Old Apr 27, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
I tried manually upgrading several months ago when F>1 and PN>0 and was declined.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
I tried manually upgrading several months ago when F>1 and PN>0 and was declined.
Did you speak with an actual GS agent? I can't recall that ever happening to me - unless PN really was 0 but was showing > 0 on my screen (this happens occasionally)...
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:11 pm

Oh wait, when I tried calling F=3, but PN=0. Is this why they couldn't do it?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Oh wait, when I tried calling F=3, but PN=0. Is this why they couldn't do it?
There ya go.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:16 am

Programs: UA 1K/1MM VS Gold JETAIRWAYS PLATINUM HH Diamond Marriott PLT
GS Qualification - BF Tickets on Very Long Flights

I fly to India a lot and usually purchase a BF fare. GF does not exist on those flights so it is no even an option.

i pay from 1,500 to about 3,000 for a flight of 7,800 miles to Mumbai.

It seems that based on the $/mile criteria it is impossible to fly that route as a paying BF customer and qualify for GS?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:20 am

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by midavies
I fly to India a lot and usually purchase a BF fare. GF does not exist on those flights so it is no even an option.

i pay from 1,500 to about 3,000 for a flight of 7,800 miles to Mumbai.

It seems that based on the $/mile criteria it is impossible to fly that route as a paying BF customer and qualify for GS?
Don't get too wrapped up in the $/mile thing. If you routinely by business class fares internationally and spend $50k+ I would say you have a good shot at GS. If its four times per year on P fares - probably not...
Old Apr 29, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
rpely

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Did you speak with an actual GS agent? I can't recall that ever happening to me - unless PN really was 0 but was showing > 0 on my screen (this happens occasionally)...
Believe it was an actual GS agent. I did try calling a few times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.