Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Consolidated Compensation Thread [2015]

United Consolidated Compensation Thread [2015]

Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by barney44
I was flying home and my Chicago - Boston flight was delayed for 2.5 hours for no other reason than a late aircraft on Saturday. It did a turn Chicago to Porta Vallerta and was simply very late, no weather issues at all. The gate agent said they were bringing in new aircraft from the hangar and the website said as much, then they kept every fifteen minutes changing, delayed due to incoming aircraft and then back to aircraft substitution.

Then the fun part, land in Boston at 115 a.m., nearly three hours late and it takes 90 minutes for the luggage to get unloaded.

What is fair to ask of United when I write in.

Thanks
Although annoying, that's really not an extraordinarily long delay. Without status, an apology letter. If UA's feeling generous, maybe 2500 miles? There are a lot of much more worse scenarios. Don't expect $.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Although annoying, that's really not an extraordinarily long delay. Without status, an apology letter. If UA's feeling generous, maybe 2500 miles? There are a lot of much more worse scenarios. Don't expect $.
I agree with your assessment.

If I was OP, I would argue it was a 4 hour delay... 2.5 hours + 1.5 for luggage = 4 hours.

OP - Don't expect much, if anything, but worth a shot.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Received $125 ETC for inoperative entertainment system TLV - EWR in paid J. Unit would cut out after 15 minutes of operation. FA reset the unit three times and then we gave up. . No skykit offered, so I wrote in to 1K Voice.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
5000 miles for spilled drink

Flight IAH-MEX, FA in F accidentally dropped a drink which spilled all over me; luckily a gin and tonic so no stains. His apology was all that was necessary, but I guess he felt compelled to give me the voucher.
I filled it in, and an hour later was awarded 5000 miles. Thank you.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
My roommate is supposed to fly SBA (dep. 4:56pm)-LAX-TUS (arr. 9:25pm) today, but the incoming flight is delayed due to broken aircraft. He won't make a connection at LAX.
UA put him on US SBA-PHX (arr. 9:47pm) direct flight but there is no flight to TUS from PHX tonight, so he will need to rent a car and drive to Tucson tonight. This is award tickets by the way.

What is compensation due in his case?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by MrJBoy
My roommate is supposed to fly SBA (dep. 4:56pm)-LAX-TUS (arr. 9:25pm) today, but the incoming flight is delayed due to broken aircraft. He won't make a connection at LAX.
UA put him on US SBA-PHX (arr. 9:47pm) direct flight but there is no flight to TUS from PHX tonight, so he will need to rent a car and drive to Tucson tonight. This is award tickets by the way.

What is compensation due in his case?
Did your roomate accept this rerouting voluntarily? If so, UA will likely claim that s/he is owed nothing. They might throw a few miles out as a gesture of goodwill, especially if s/he is an elite level member of Mileage Plus.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Inoperative lavatory (1 of 2) in C on LAX-LHR. Fault known before departure. Received 2500 miles or $50.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: UA1k 3mm, HH-LifeDiamond, Mar-LifePlatElite
Flight 881 - ORD - NRT delayed by 3.5hours with 2 mechanicals, and IFE/Wifi was innop, once we did finally take off. Offered 50 dollars or 2500miles. (as a 1k)

This was almost an insult, considering I missed the last train, and had to eat a night of hotel because I was past the cancel date, as well as purchase a second one night at NRT.

I was able to get to 1k voice and they generously offered to double the voucher to 100 dollars.

Pretty sad!
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile No 2015 1K Credential Kits..Compensation?

Oh Wise FT Sages

As of today, neither Mrs. Gpicur nor I have received our 2015 UA 1K Credential Kits. I have sent several emails to 1KVoice and was told they were mailed in January and to "confirm the address on the account" which we immediately provided. They said they would mail replacement kits in an email on February 18. I have made an email request for the "tracking number" but it has been ignored. As of today (3-1-2015) both of our cards are expired. I sent another email to 1KVoice (CC to MP) expressing my disappointment and requesting them to elevate the issue. I also asked for an eCert to use with the 2015 Cards...(if they ever come).

Your thoughts on my chances of 1. Ever Getting the 2015 Cards and 2. Any Compensation for this failure (BTW, Emirates and Lufthansa have no problem getting FF Cards to me !!)
Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:13 pm
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gpicur
... Your thoughts on my chances of 1. Ever Getting the 2015 Cards ...
very likely -- but that is OT to this thread -- and a bit of a dup post

Originally Posted by gpicur
... and 2. Any Compensation for this failure ...
would have been low in the old days and doubt it is any better now. But who knows if some agent might throw a small amount at this. Doubt many make this request.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA GS
On Jan 17, HNL-SFO Red Eye flight (in FC), my reading light was not working. While I expected to sleep, I also planned to read for an hour or two. I pointed out the problem to the Purser so they could write up a maintenance ticket and get this fixed as the next stop.

Later, I was surprised with I received a "We're Sorry for the Inconvenience" card. It had a web site and serial number to enter information about the flight.

Over the next few weeks, I tried entering the serial number but was unsuccessful. I finally emailed the information to United. They emailed me back, asking for details (i.e. why the card was given). I mentioned a broken reading light.

I received an email from United for a $200 certificate. I was quite surprised. I thought they may just give me an apology. If they did provide any compensation, I expected a token amount ($50) or some miles (2,500). I didn't expect $200, especially seeing what other have received.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 6:07 pm

Programs: MVP75K, UA Gold,
My friend who is a MP Gold was flying ANC-DEN-IAH-PTY purchased in first class. The ANC-DEN was delayed causing the missed connection to IAH. She was rerouted DEN-MCO then on to PTY however only Y class was available for the DEN-MCO-PTY. What is the best way to receive compensation and what would the estimated voucher be?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by UAgeek71
Flight 881 - ORD - NRT delayed by 3.5hours with 2 mechanicals, and IFE/Wifi was innop, once we did finally take off. Offered 50 dollars or 2500miles. (as a 1k)

This was almost an insult, considering I missed the last train, and had to eat a night of hotel because I was past the cancel date, as well as purchase a second one night at NRT.

I was able to get to 1k voice and they generously offered to double the voucher to 100 dollars.

Pretty sad!
Originally Posted by PBAudit
On Jan 17, HNL-SFO Red Eye flight (in FC), my reading light was not working. While I expected to sleep, I also planned to read for an hour or two. I pointed out the problem to the Purser so they could write up a maintenance ticket and get this fixed as the next stop.

Later, I was surprised with I received a "We're Sorry for the Inconvenience" card. It had a web site and serial number to enter information about the flight.

Over the next few weeks, I tried entering the serial number but was unsuccessful. I finally emailed the information to United. They emailed me back, asking for details (i.e. why the card was given). I mentioned a broken reading light.

I received an email from United for a $200 certificate. I was quite surprised. I thought they may just give me an apology. If they did provide any compensation, I expected a token amount ($50) or some miles (2,500). I didn't expect $200, especially seeing what other have received.
talk about a contrast of experiences...
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
talk about a contrast of experiences...
+1

I compare the $200 ETC PBAudit received for a lightbulb that was out in F HNL-SFO versus the the $125 I received for my whole entertainment unit being inoperative TLV-EWR in paid BizFirst and scratch my head.

Could it be that "First" class is still coded higher for compensation than BizFirst, even when it's domestic vs. Intl (on a route that has no "First" class)?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by schnitzer
Hi,

I missed my connection today because of a mechanical problem. I arrived 1.2h late. I was rebooked the next day with hotel voucher waiting for me at the gate.

I ended up rebooking myself on Southwest, because it was the only flight left for the day. And cx doesn't have an agreement with them.

Do you think UAL will pay for the expense? What should i expect for compensation? Do I need to cancel the ticket that I won't be using?

Thx!
Just did the same. New flight offered was 16 hours after original arrival and didn't work. Does UA refund for new flight booked on own? No sky kit offered Inflight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.