Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2015, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: l etoile
2014 thread - Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2014)

2016 thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1735773-consolidated-delayed-cancelled-international-flights-2016-a.html
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Maintenance delay according to ExpertFlyer.

-RM
That is possible, although I've experienced it where they take the aircraft operating the flight that I'm on and put it on another route, so when the new inbound arrives early or on time, it is really late compared with the departure time of the flight.

But, UA76 (BFS-EWR) is now showing a delay of 3h50m because of UA77's late arrival.
Old May 22, 2015, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles

IAH-SCL tonight cancelled. Seen on info board at IAH. Also the queue at customer service desk is real long.
Old May 22, 2015, 9:08 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
IAH-SCL tonight cancelled. Seen on info board at IAH. Also the queue at customer service desk is real long.
Extra sector on 5/23 UA 2059 IAH-SCL (N673UA) 0800 - 1915.

5/23 UA 862 HKG-SFO (N174UA) estimated to arrive 2 hours 45 minutes late due to aircraft maintenance.

Last edited by kluau88; May 23, 2015 at 2:11 am
Old May 23, 2015, 3:16 am

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, SAS Diamond
Sitting in the SAS lounge waiting for my disgusting delay of 5 hours on UA39 OSL-EWR.

On the app it said first: Delayed due to a late inbound aircraft arrival.
Now it says: Delayed due to flight crew availability.

Beats me...as long as I get there in the end.
Old May 23, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tor Viking
Sitting in the SAS lounge waiting for my disgusting delay of 5 hours on UA39 OSL-EWR.

On the app it said first: Delayed due to a late inbound aircraft arrival.
Now it says: Delayed due to flight crew availability.

Beats me...as long as I get there in the end.
You'll have time to prepare your EU 261 claim on this delay.
Old May 24, 2015, 2:01 pm

Long Night on UAL 976 -- IAD to DXB

After mechanical problems, delayed loading, and a gate pull away at IAD close to 1:00 am, the plane stopped, waited,and then returned to the gate. Suspect that crew time was one the issues. As I walked out of the airport at 3am there was a line of a couple of hundred passengers waiting for attention. Big issue was no hotels due to Memorial Day weekend. GS and FC got rooms; everyone else on their own. Compensation offered was $150 UAL eticket voucher, a followup UAL email with choice of $300 more or 15K miles, and $14 for food. This type of situation isn't fun for anyone, but wanted to say that the UAL staff did their best in a very challenging situation. I'm posting because this isn't the first time I've been taken off this flight with some type of mechanical issues. Wonder if the route beats up aircraft?
Old May 24, 2015, 2:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by srccorp
Big issue was no hotels due to Memorial Day weekend. GS and FC got rooms; everyone else on their own. Compensation offered was $150 UAL eticket voucher, a followup UAL email with choice of $300 more or 15K miles, and $14 for food.
The $150 voucher was presumably in lieu of hotel. In case of mx causing forced overnight, CoC gives UA the option of providing either a hotel or an e-cert.
Old May 24, 2015, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
no hotel room? At IAD? Sounds like they ran out of their allocation and a full 772 is a LOT of rooms. Unfortunately, United is not very reliable and MX is a common problem.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ts-2015-a.html
$150 plus $300 sounds fair to me assuming this was coach. In BF I would expect a $500 voucher.
Old May 24, 2015, 2:26 pm

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Thank goodness Emirates is coming to Orlando.... Yes in last two years I have had 3 mechanicals on this route. No it is not the route that beats up the planes --- it is OLD age. Two weeks ago the plane came from Beijing. It does not go back and forth on the route.
Old May 24, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by srccorp
....As I walked out of the airport at 3am there was a line of a couple of hundred passengers waiting for attention. Big issue was no hotels due to Memorial Day weekend. GS and FC got rooms; everyone else on their own.
No rooms near an airport on a long holiday weekend? I thought these hotels were (mainly) for business travelers, who would not be on the move over a holiday weekend. Aside from the Udvar-Hazy plane collection, what other tourist attractions are around IAD that would fill all these rooms? I'm genuinely puzzled.
Old May 24, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Originally Posted by cfischer
no hotel room? At IAD? Sounds like they ran out of their allocation and a full 772 is a LOT of rooms...
The bikers are in town this weekend, so I'm actually not surprised.

http://dc.about.com/od/specialevents...ingThunder.htm
Old May 24, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, National Exec, GE/Nexus
Is there a history of problems with IAD-DXB flight? Last August I had the displeasure of waiting .. waiting .. waiting while they claimed one mechanical issue after another, only to finally cancel the flight after all other airlines' flights have taken off. We get herded back to the ticket counters outside security, where a dozen or so agents were barraged by about 200 people.

Since by the time I get to the counter, there are no other next day flights out to DXB. I ended up paying my own one-way fare on Emirates. Got $300 ETC, hotel room, food voucher. I pushed for a credit for the unused IAD-DXB flight, which along with ETC I came out even in terms of cash outlay.
Old May 24, 2015, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PaulMCO
Thank goodness Emirates is coming to Orlando.... Yes in last two years I have had 3 mechanicals on this route. No it is not the route that beats up the planes --- it is OLD age.
18 years old for the 1997 build that failed srccorp.

Plenty of airlines operate fleets of older aircraft without reliability impacting customers as much -- like DL's 744 fleet.
Old May 24, 2015, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by miasmal
Is there a history of problems with IAD-DXB flight?
Take this with a grain of salt since I'm just one person, of course, but my only experience on this flight involved a cancellation, hotel, and rebooking for the next night.
Old May 24, 2015, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by sinoflyer
The bikers are in town this weekend, so I'm actually not surprised.

http://dc.about.com/od/specialevents...ingThunder.htm
The rooms here in Pentagon/Crystal City (i.e. Reagan) are busy, since Rolling Thunder leaves from the North/South lots of the Pentagon, but I can't imagine that the hotels are that busy out in the sticks of Dulles/Ashburn, especially given that there is seemingly three or four properties from each chain out there!

Regardless, I feel for the people on the IAD-DXB flight (in more ways than one), but the experience I'm sure was awful on what would have already been a long night...good luck for getting there on a real carrier with proper service!

-jeremy

Last edited by kmfdm91; May 24, 2015 at 7:36 pm Reason: UA, which somehow I forgot!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.