Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2014, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.6MM

This thread is for the following First, Business, and p.s. BusinessFirst flights:
  • North America (including all 50 US States, Canada, and Mexico)
  • Caribbean, Latin American, and Central American Flights (except Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Peru and Venezuela)

Don't forget to post the date and route information along with the meal information!

Here's United's official page on this category of Premium Cabin dining:
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...st/dining.aspx

For the curious folks, the 2014 thread is here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ess-class.html

With that, Let's Eat 2015!
Old Dec 31, 2014, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.6MM
resreved
Old Jan 1, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: UA-GS 3MM, AA-gold, Amtrak Select +, Bonvoy Titanium, Honors gold
1/1 PHL-IAH 5:30am departure
Preflight beverage/hot towel/ plus choice of
2 standard breakfast entrees :
Omelette potato wedge turkey sausage patty tomato or HoneyNutCheerios and banana ....both came with yogurt fruit bowl and choice of croissant or cinnamon bun
Excellent ground staff and inflight crew to boot!
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
No desert on 925 mile dinner service?

ORD-IAH 12/25/14 6:14pm on UA1136 - B739 aircraft
(Just getting caught up on FT)

I didn't take a picture of the sad, lonely tray for my partner, but it was just a tray with a chicken mozzarella sandwich on a small plate. That was it. Had to ask for silverware (FA was very embarrassed that she hadn't noticed it was missing). There was nothing else. People who got the cold salad option also got one package of saltines.

I had the sandwich and french onion soup. I did get silverware, but no crackers, no croutons, etc.

FA was good about refilling beverages after dinner (no PDBs however).

My question is, should there have been some sort of dessert item? It wouldn't really cost that much to have a Twix bar or a chocolate chip cookie. I wasn't expecting a sundae or even a plated dessert, but some little sweet after the (very) salty meal seems de minimus for an F flight that says "dinner" on an itinerary.

Edit: posting here as 2014 is closed, so would appreciate staying here in case of replies. Thx mods.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 7:07 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RaflW
ORD-IAH 12/25/14 6:14pm on UA1136 - B739 aircraft
(Just getting caught up on FT)

I didn't take a picture of the sad, lonely tray for my partner, but it was just a tray with a chicken mozzarella sandwich on a small plate. That was it. ....

FA was good about refilling beverages after dinner (no PDBs however).

My question is, should there have been some sort of dessert item? It wouldn't really cost that much to have a Twix bar or a chocolate chip cookie. I wasn't expecting a sundae or even a plated dessert, but some little sweet after the (very) salty meal seems de minimus for an F flight that says "dinner" on an itinerary.
You could have ordered liquid dessert, aka Bailey's. @:-)

Or you could ask for a packet of sugar and lick it directly off the teaspoon.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
1/2 p.s. LAX-JFK
The same menu for the past year or two it seems. I do like the tamale stuffed chicken and it's always been my go to. However, on this one I wished they changed the yucca for something green or non-starch veg. The two shrimp were big and great!

Old Jan 3, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Flight/Route: UA 1274 DEN-LAX
Time/Duration: 10:30 a.m./2:33
Aircraft/Seat: 757-200/2F
Meal: Lunch

An international-configuration 757 was a nice treat. The friendly crew offered pre-departure drinks.

After takeoff hot towels, warm nuts and drinks were offered; I chose a glass of Prosecco (Tiamo brand).

Lunch was a choice of a "Southwest chicken salad" or a "Hot beef sandwich." I chose the former, which came with a bowl of tortilla soup, ranch dressing, a roll/butter and pre-packed tortilla strips.

Warm, chocolate chip cookies were served following lunch; I had a Baileys in my coffee, as well.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 1:00 pm

Flight/Route: UA 814 LAX-DEN
Time/Duration: 11:30 a.m./2:18
Aircraft/Seat: A320/2B

Pre-departure drinks; I chose the Prosecco again.

After takeoff hot towels, nuts and more drinks were offered. I stuck to the Prosecco; the streaming entertainment worked perfectly and I enjoyed an episode of "House of Cards" (season 2, episode 1; all 13 installments of season 2 were available).

A "beef salad" or a "caprese sandwich" were offered; the sandwich came with onion soup and a roll/butter. With a bit of salt on the mozzarella, it tasted nice.

Cookies (cranberry/white chocolate) and drinks followed; I chose black coffee.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
ORD-DEN
UA 1411
737-900 BSI with Wifi and Power
7:40P-9:15P (sked)
9:55P-11:30P (actual)
January 2, 2015
Snack?

Multiple mechanical issues delayed the inbound. One of the laziest UA cabin crews in a long time. No PDB despite plenty of time and 7 open F seats. Forgot to hand back coats in DEN. Nevertheless there was plenty of time as the DEN GA was AWOL for 10 minutes after we pulled up to the gate. Meh snack. Fruit cup was good but those bruschetta chips are nasty. Then again, I wasn't expecting anything so I guess this was a positive.

Old Jan 4, 2015, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
Nevertheless there was plenty of time as the DEN GA was AWOL for 10 minutes after we pulled up to the gate.
This is a very common occurrence in Denver now, especially during the late evening hours. Frustrating for everyone!
Old Jan 4, 2015, 11:04 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
1/4
A319 EWR-MTJ

PDB w/ a smile.

Warm nuts which were chewy and not crunchy...would rather have them cold.

Choice of chicken caprese sandwich or roast beef salad. The sandwich presentation looked good. I went for the beef which was a decent little salad. French onion soup not too salty.
5/8 in F and a total of 35 people on the entire flight. Great crew.

About 50 min left got a warm chocolate chip cookie.

Last edited by JVPhoto; Jan 4, 2015 at 12:38 pm
Old Jan 4, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold; IHG Spire Elite
1/1 ORD-SFO, A320, dinner

Choice of ye olde standbys spinach cannelloni and chicken cacciatore, plus salad, a pretzel roll, and chocolate chip cookie for dessert. I had the cannelloni, which is fine, I think.

On a separate note, I will admit to rolling my eyes a bit at the half-cashew apocalypse comments in the "stupidest, least substantial" thread. But... I must have really gotten the bottom of the bag this time, because my ramekin had only cashew quarters/crumbs plus maybe 2 tiny half almonds. It was noticeably ridiculous.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:00 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Anyone have recent (last three months) experience with UA383 HNL-DEN redeye? Have they moved to the Cheeseburger from the cold plate for the snack?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:26 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Never thought that I'd say this, but on this route, UA clearly blows AA out of the water on what is served. On "AA" all that you get are some nasty pre-packaged "Lite Bite" sandwiches on a Mesa CR9 that has now taken over the route. UA is the clear winner on this route. AA really needs to step up its game (in general, which is another topic) but glaringly so on this route to compete.

Originally Posted by Kurt
Flight/Route: UA 814 LAX-DEN
Time/Duration: 11:30 a.m./2:18
Aircraft/Seat: A320/2B

Pre-departure drinks; I chose the Prosecco again.

After takeoff hot towels, nuts and more drinks were offered. I stuck to the Prosecco; the streaming entertainment worked perfectly and I enjoyed an episode of "House of Cards" (season 2, episode 1; all 13 installments of season 2 were available).

A "beef salad" or a "caprese sandwich" were offered; the sandwich came with onion soup and a roll/butter. With a bit of salt on the mozzarella, it tasted nice.

Cookies (cranberry/white chocolate) and drinks followed; I chose black coffee.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
PHL-DEN-LAX Sunday, 1/4/2015

PHL-DEN
Breakfast
Omelette, potato thing, sausage puck and tomato
or
HoneyNut Cheerios (2 boxes) and banana

Both served with yogurt and fruit bowl and choice of croissant or cinnamon bun. The croissant or bun was plopped onto the tray's napkin.

Had the cereal as I avoid UA's eggs and I wouldn't eat that sausage thing if you paid me.

DEN-LAX
Lunch
Choices were an Asian chicken salad or chicken-cobb wrap, served with tomato-basil soup (and a roll on random trays.) Oatmeal cookie was served after tray removal.

I had the wrap, which wasn't bad, but it was bland and needed seasoning. A blue cheese dressing would have gone a long way. Soup was decent.

UA's cafeteria at its finest!

Both flights were late, no gates available at arrival, and no jetway driver at gate when we finally got one. Bag delivery very, very slow and none of the bags for pax connecting from PHL made the flight.

UA operational performance seeking a bottom!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.