Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
So when exactly are "traditional meal times" which the UA site refers to? Is dinner cutoff 7pm?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:36 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by blueman2
So when exactly are "traditional meal times" which the UA site refers to? Is dinner cutoff 7pm?
1600-1859 is supposed to receive a full dinner, but you never really know until it's served...
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat 100
Does anyone else find the smell of the "french onion" soup thing really gross? It seems to permeate into the nuts too, making them gross. Every other soup does not seem to have this effect.

Also, in keeping w/ the spirit of the thread:

IAH-ORD Lunch 1/16: Cobb salad wrap. Could have been worse, but needed some sort of dressing. We also arrived in concourse "C as in Continental", which is just childish at this point.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by harryhood
DEN-SNA 1/14 8:15am A320 (12 seats in F)

A warm scone. That is all. Good thing I had some yogurt and granola at home before I left for the airport and wasn't counting on food.

SNA-DEN 1/15 5:35pm A320 (12 seats in F)

Snack tray choice of banana, potato chips, Walker shortbread and Toblerone. I was starving, and grabbed a few items but relied mostly on a liquid dinner Should have eaten at Vino Volo......

I don't understand why a flight scheduled for 2:30 gets no hot food. The load was very light on the flight, coach was half empty both ways, so maybe UA is trying to minimize the loss......
UA stopped serving meals on flights of the DISTANCE of DEN-SNA-DEN. LAX is treated as an EXCEPTION market or it wouldn't get food either.

HOWEVER...

Once the new meal policies go into effect later this spring/summer, meals will return to DEN-SNA-DEN.
In the first half of 2015, we're planning significant investments to our premium cabin food and beverage offerings in remaining markets by launching redesigned menu concepts, increasing frequency of menu changes, expanding meals to shorter-haul flights, and making major improvements to food options on United Express.
Read more at https://hub.united.com/en-us/news/pr...hgE6qr6zEim.99
Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:22 am

1/16/2015

UA 587 SEA-SFO 16:21
PDB, drink service, snack basket

UA 1429 SFO-LAX 19:45
PDB, drink service, snack basket, hot towel
Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
We got the cheeseburger on 9 p.m. ps redeye SFO-JFK last night. Actually, I should say "offered," since I declined
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: UMP Silver and Marriott Platinum
ORD -> MSY - Breakfast Box served 6PM flight

Yesterday I flew ORD > MSY at 6:15 PM. They served breakfast boxes in F and was a little perplexed as to why they served breakfast boxes for an evening flight?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by SychoSly
Yesterday I flew ORD > MSY at 6:15 PM. They served breakfast boxes in F and was a little perplexed as to why they served breakfast boxes for an evening flight?
Probably a catering error. When an airline doesn't bother to serve meals on it's premium regional product like everyone else does, and instead serves an AM/PM box that is smaller portionwise and worse quality wise than pax in Y, caterers probably can't notice the difference....
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA, AA,Marriott
Perhaps your flight was on an aircraft delayed from the morning for Mechanical reasons and the Breakfast Box was still on board in the galley left over from the morning.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:21 am

Consider yourself lucky. On Thursday, I was on the 5:10 PM ORD-MSY, an A319, and we got one pass of the "refreshment" basket. I'll trade you my basket for your box.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: EK PLAT 2022-2023, UAplat soon to be LH senator!
should not be a catering error......the flight should have been serviced in ord before departure with both am and pm boxes...pm going to msy and am coming out of msy the next morning...that has been the case when i've done the last departures from iad to sat and ord-sat

FLYMSY,
I would have thought that a block time of 2:27 would garner a dinner service, snack basket in the 5-6pm hour is cheap and unacceptable, i normally do 3-4 day trips a month from dxb to kwi...im always on the 7:45am flt from dxb...the normal flight time is around 1:15-1:20..block time is 1:50...in biz i always have a full breakfast, the return flight at at 5:10 is always been a full dinner service, short flight and i know you can not compare apples to oranges but it is done and its done fairly well, i can remember back in the day getting a full meal in Y ord-dca but that was back in the 80s and early mid 90s...now probably nothing

Last edited by cosflyer; Jan 18, 2015 at 12:00 pm
Old Jan 18, 2015, 1:51 pm

Completely agree that it "is cheap and unacceptable", especially since the FA only made one pass with it in the 2+ hours.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
It's snacks in a box. AM, PM, it's a box full of fat and carbs and half full of things I don't like anyway.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Sounds like a catering error; at least you got something to assuage hunger pangs.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:14 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
UA 3640 RDU-ORD 0605-0726 CRJ-700

Very surprised to see a snack box on this flight as it's only 647 miles. Obviously it's inferior to the hot meals AA has but it was certainly better than nothing. There was even a hot towel too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.