Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 5:55 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Looking at the nutrition facts, it doesn't look like it's really much worse than Chobani 0% with fruit in it. From what I recall on my recent flight w/breakfast, it wasn't spectacular, but it also wasn't that bad.
Agreed that it isn't much worse than the Chobani with fruit, but that's because the fruit they put in the Chobani is also heavily dosed with added sugar.

Anyway, obviously plane food is not meant to be health food, but I like to take the hit with some nice eggs, cheese, meat, potaties, pasta, etc, not sugar!
Old May 22, 2015, 12:29 am

Programs: UA 1K
Flight 1299 Montego Bay to Houston, 13:55 departure: "Refreshments"

Pre-departure beverage of water or orange juice. Just after take-off they came around with a full drink service and offered the tray of snacks, which must've dropped on the floor no less than three times. It consisted of pretzels, chips, chocolate chip cookies, and ginger biscuits. Oh, there were three bananas too.

People took two items each, and the basket was done. A few passengers asked for more, and they were told they could purchase snacks from the buy on board service, because nothing else was left. I am disappointed that 3:30 min flight gets that -- it is like being on a United Express flight!
Old May 22, 2015, 1:07 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
The tableware is so ugly.

Originally Posted by miasmal
I don't like the new egg/sweet potato/sausage thingy. Very bland and no flavor. I much prefer the previous egg offering that came with the triangle potato knish/quiche.
Like, crazy bland. I've described it as cardboard.

Originally Posted by CMK10
That's why I travel with a two ounce bottle of Tabasco in my bag @:-)
+1

My wife laughed at me.

Originally Posted by Micp3208
People took two items each, and the basket was done. A few passengers asked for more, and they were told they could purchase snacks from the buy on board service, because nothing else was left. I am disappointed that 3:30 min flight gets that -- it is like being on a United Express flight!
Lovely.
Old May 22, 2015, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Looking at the nutrition facts, it doesn't look like it's really much worse than Chobani 0% with fruit in it. From what I recall on my recent flight w/breakfast, it wasn't spectacular, but it also wasn't that bad.
Considering natural yogurt has only one ingredient - yogurt - which naturally has about 5 or 6% sugar, that product looks almost inedible and extremely unhealthy - over 12% sugars and all sorts of other chemicals. It should come with a health warning.
Old May 22, 2015, 3:17 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Considering natural yogurt has only one ingredient - yogurt - which naturally has about 5 or 6% sugar, that product looks almost inedible and extremely unhealthy - over 12% sugars and all sorts of other chemicals. It should come with a health warning.
Exactly let me sweeten it myself with real fruit.
Old May 22, 2015, 7:37 am

AUS-ORD-DCA

Flew AUS-ORD-DCA this past Monday morning. 8AM departure from AUS. Great breakfast. Huge breakfast quesadilla with cheese, chorizo sausage on the side and nice salsa on top. biscuit with bread plate and small fruit salad. other option was oatmeal. Very nice meal and friendly service. F obviously.
ORD-DCA 1PM flight. F. Disappointing. only offered a small packet of fruits/nuts. man next to me asked if t here was a meal. Flight attendant said "they use to give us a large snack basket for this flight, now it's just this little bag of nuts". hmm. But drinks were kept topped off the entire flight.
Old May 22, 2015, 1:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Flight 1299 Montego Bay to Houston, 13:55 departure: "Refreshments"

Pre-departure beverage of water or orange juice. Just after take-off they came around with a full drink service and offered the tray of snacks, which must've dropped on the floor no less than three times. It consisted of pretzels, chips, chocolate chip cookies, and ginger biscuits. Oh, there were three bananas too.

That's pathetic, an international flight of that length (1,351 miles) having the same offerings as RDU-ORD (647 miles).
Old May 22, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by CMK10
That's pathetic, an international flight of that length (1,351 miles) having the same offerings as RDU-ORD (647 miles).
I was shocked, and hoped it was just a terminology error. Long flight with no food, and no entertainment! If I were a FA, I would love that leg of a trip, just sit and talk with your coworkers!

PS- it must be time to bid on shifts, because both flights I took, the crews were buried in the paperwork, talking about how they had 50 lines offered last month, and only 37 lines this month, etc.

The line talk was on my IAH-EWR flight, which served strawberry field salad and soup, or Tandoori Chicken with a side salad. FAs were accommodating to those who didn't eat either and wanted just side salads, or just soup, based on the number of available meal-skippers. The breadsticks were decent -- except half the cabin didn't get them, because they were dropped on the floor. Cookie was delicious.
Old May 22, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
I was shocked, and hoped it was just a terminology error. Long flight with no food, and no entertainment! If I were a FA, I would love that leg of a trip, just sit and talk with your coworkers!

PS- it must be time to bid on shifts, because both flights I took, the crews were buried in the paperwork, talking about how they had 50 lines offered last month, and only 37 lines this month, etc.

The line talk was on my IAH-EWR flight, which served strawberry field salad and soup, or Tandoori Chicken with a side salad. FAs were accommodating to those who didn't eat either and wanted just side salads, or just soup, based on the number of available meal-skippers. The breadsticks were decent -- except half the cabin didn't get them, because they were dropped on the floor. Cookie was delicious.
The MBJ-IAH was definitely a catering mistake. I have been offered a salad/ sandwich option on this flight.
Old May 22, 2015, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by physioprof
Haven't tried Pappadeaux, but I will when I'm at IAH next month. My favorite Mexican in the system is Javier's at SNA. They don't really make it clear that you can get takeout, and burritos aren't on the menu. But they definitely do takeout and their burritos are delicious, especially the carne asada. Two of the bartenders--Penny and Brooke--are experts at hooking you up with takeout and/or burritos. And they make mean bloody mary!
i know they are different cuisine's...but javi's at SNA blows everything out of the water in the system. it's the same food as the javier's restaurants which is a huge key.

i do like yankee pier in SFO. but javi's at SNA is by and far the best airport restaurant in the US.
Old May 22, 2015, 2:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
The MBJ-IAH was definitely a catering mistake. I have been offered a salad/ sandwich option on this flight.
Looking at it online for Saturday the 6th, the 2:05 Pm flight shows refreshments and the 4:10 PM flight shows dinner. What a joke.
Old May 22, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
It was not. This started recently. They no longer serve food on the "off" peak hours.
Old May 22, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA GS
Sometimes you didn't know what UA is thinking
A 2.5 hour flight that arrives at 9am has rightfully a hot breakfast. A 7 hour flight from Hawaii that lands at 9am has nothing.
Old May 22, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: UAL 1K 2MM
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
My favorite airport restaurant in the system is still Pappadeaux in IAH. Love that place.
Same here! If you are a crawfish person they actually have a hidden menu item Crawfish Trio. Regular etouffee and Fried tails, but, they also add Garlic and butter crawfish for a few dollars more.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 22, 2015 at 7:44 pm Reason: repaired quote
Old May 22, 2015, 7:09 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by lesliegolf
Same here! If you are a crawfish person they actually have a hidden menu item Crawfish Trio. Regular etouffee and Fried tails, but, they also add Garlic and butter crawfish for a few dollars more.
Great to know! When we try Pappadeuax this June at IAH, I will definitely try the crwafish trio!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.