Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:06 pm

Programs: *AG, Choice Privileges Elite Diamond, SPG Gold, La Quinta Returns Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by excon2007
That'd make an interesting story on the DYKWIA thread.
Complaining about nuts on a plane is a bad idea. Just ask this lady:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-31433736
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by cesco.g
How / to whom do you actually report this?
I once saw an FA loading wine bottles into her carry-on.
I did call this to the pursers attention, who promptly covered for her.
So, I just let it go.
Originally Posted by bocastephen
If you get a post-flight survey, call it there - if not, a note to 1Kvoice is about all you can do. If you can take photos and attach them, all the better. Would Nordstrom keep an employee caught stuffing shoes in their bag to steal? Neither should United.
Maybe a more important question would be, why would anyone want to steal UA's wines?

Joking aside, this is totally not right. The FA should be fired and the purser at least disciplined if not fired also.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Got my first taste of the Goose Island beer earlier this week ORD-MCO.

At first the FA wasn't sure whether Goose or 312 was loaded onboard, but she eventually found Goose IPA.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 10:58 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Neil35
Got my first taste of the Goose Island beer earlier this week ORD-MCO.

At first the FA wasn't sure whether Goose or 312 was loaded onboard, but she eventually found Goose IPA.
IPA in green can? I have found that asking for "yellow can" instead of "312" has been easier...
Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:39 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
IPA in green can? I have found that asking for "yellow can" instead of "312" has been easier...
Exactly.

Big white letters "GOOSE IPA" on green background, and a white goose head figure in a black circle.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Flew LAX-EWR and asked for Goose IPA. The FAs said they only had 312, but they went and checked, and they ended up coming back with the green can. I think that Goose's canned version is less hoppy than what you get on tap, but it's still miles away the best beer offering on the flight, IMO.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1kBill
Joking aside, this is totally not right. The FA should be fired and the purser at least disciplined if not fired also.
Well, that FA after being alerted by the purser then came back to me and told me she had bought the wine at duty free - the same wine as served in C-cabin ...... coincidence? .... I don't think sow.
I was fairly certain, she would have denied all allegations post flight and been "protected" by the union.
The only way would have been to nail her on the spot, which I had no means in place on my own. Except have her carry-on inspected by a UA supervisor/manager upon arrival, which was out of my range of options.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Flew LAX-EWR and asked for Goose IPA. The FAs said they only had 312, but they went and checked, and they ended up coming back with the green can. I think that Goose's canned version is less hoppy than what you get on tap, but it's still miles away the best beer offering on the flight, IMO.
Good stuff, more real enhancements that I like ^

Anyone know if it's on UX yet?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Ua 1026 - lax-ewr

Flew this yesterday afternoon/evening back from the Left Coast. 737-900ER, seated in row 2, so got our first choices for meals.

First up - the very spiffy-looking Goose IPA:

First up were the standard nuts. I wish they'd give more almonds than cashews (personal preference). Next up - salad was served. The quinoa felt a bit out of place, but I don't mind (I'm a fan of quinoa in salad). Could have done with less cucumber and more tomatoes, IMO:

Dinner options were Thai chicken curry, beef short ribs, and spinach/cheese ravioli. Passed over the ravioli (never have gotten it when it's a choice - just can't imagine reheated cheese and spinach being great), and was in more of a beef mood. Pretty tasty, I should say - meat fell right off the fork, very juicy. Could have used a little more marinade, but overall quite pleased. Also impressed that there wasn't as much fat/inedible bites as you might encounter at a restaurant.

Dessert, served a bit later (sun had gone down, and with cabin lights off, didn't want to take a brighter picture), was cookies & cream gelato with your choice of chocolate syrup and/or whipped cream for additional toppings. I went with a little whipped cream. Not world-beating gelato but quite solid and a nice change from standard ice cream flavors:

All in all - I was pretty pleased, and definitely a fan of the short ribs - would do those again. First time I had encountered it on a UA flight that I can recall right off.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I have yet to decide if I like the subtle globe outline background on the napkin. Its very DL-esque. Wondering if UA is going to do the same treatment on bulkheads too. DL makes sense, although I've seen UA begin to apply this to more branded materials...it seems very 90's clip art (oh wait so is the globe).
Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
UA441
JFK-LAX

Boeing 757-200 p.s. BusinessFirst
Meal: Breakfast

Menu

Very sad looking french toast...

Warm cookies passed out prior to landing.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
UA704
SFO-JFK

Boeing 757-200 p.s. BusinessFirst
Meal: Dinner

Didn't eat anything as I was too tired. Took pic of the menu, regular p.s. menu like usual.

Old Apr 28, 2015, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wow, the PS meals really are pitiful. Packaged yogurt, seriously?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:51 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by demkr
Wow, the PS meals really are pitiful. Packaged yogurt, seriously?
Had packaged yogurt in TPAC GF a couple weeks ago. This is how they roll these days...
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
I have to confess that I am completely baffled by domestic FC meal service these days.

Last week flew ORD-SFO and had a lunch flight. Two hot choices and one cold salad. Gelato for dessert. Everything very impressive.

Also last week, flew PSP-ORD, almost four hours in the middle of the day and no meal service at all, despite this link which says meals in first on any flight over two hours: http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...ght/first.aspx. Even flight attendants were shocked they weren't serving a meal.

Last night flew IAH-EWR on a dinner flight and we had one hot and one cold choice, followed by a cookie for dessert.

How is lunch out of ORD better (more and better choices) than dinner out of IAH? How does the longest flight of three come with no food at all?

Hard to keep up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.