Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2015 Let's Eat - International GlobalFirst, BusinessFirst, & Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2014, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.6MM

This thread is for the following GlobalFirst, BusinessFirst, & Business flights:
  • Trans-Atlantic flights
  • Trans-Pacific flights
  • Intra-Pacific flights, except between Guam and Honolulu
  • Micronesia flights
  • Latin American flights to Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Peru and Venezuela

Don't forget to post the date and route information along with the meal information!

Here's United's official page on this category of Premium Cabin dining:
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...ss/dining.aspx

For the curious folks, the 2014 thread is here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ess-class.html

With that, Let's Eat 2015!
Old Dec 31, 2014, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.6MM
reserved
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Does UA still offer Japanese meal sfo-nrt?

Haven't been on this route in a few years. Do they still offer Japanese meal on this route in C? If so, can you still pre-book it?
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Yes, in F and C. They board some, but to be sure you can preorder JPML.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Great thx. Agent had no idea. I'll call back.....as usual. UA loves me so much they'll do anything to keep me on the line with them!
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
When do the new "enhanced" meals start? I thought I remembered seeing that UA was going to improve the meals in F/C and they were starting with international flights first. Anyone know anything about this? I still haven't seen the changes domestically and haven't been on a international flight since September.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
JAN 2015 SYD-LAX/SFO:
(I was on UA 870 SYD-SFO 02JAN15)
Lamb was good.

Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE
here's a short note on 12/30/14 896 HKG -> ORD.

Specifics:
* Salmon/Shrimp entree, executive service. Everything came out promptly once the service began, enjoyed the salmon, not overdone and the cream sauce was good too.
* Mid - flight Snack. Beef Ho Fun Noodle Soup. They've improved this - a nice canto styled noodle soup - noodles were good, so was the beef. FA provided canto styled hot sauce upon request. I had the wonton soup on the way out on 895 and that was very plus/minus.
* Congee. Breakfast choices upon first pass was the omelette or corn flakes and I asked about the Congee, which the FA had to run back and check if they still had it available. This was also much improved, with a pork base in addition to the pork already in the congee. Condiments were on the side, including preserved egg, green onions and "yau tiu" (fried bread). In the past, I recall it being very clumpy and without much flavor. The PAX next to me thought it looked quite good too.

I'm not a picky guy, and I'm generally not thinking about the food service as being a thrill, but I actually thought the food that I had this time was decent.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
JAN 2015 SYD-LAX/SFO:
(I was on UA 870 SYD-SFO 02JAN15)
Lamb was good.
Thanks for sharing. While you did not mention it, it appears your were travelling in F-class.
Bacon & sausage for breakfast: are we seeing the end of the turkey puck?
Any news from the w(h)ine front?
Old Jan 4, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Just arrived in SIN from NRT on UA 803 in GF - menu is below. I had the Green Curry and was so amazed at the taste I totally forgot to take a picture - but it was the best meal I have had in UA in a long time...

Unfortunately my seat and IFE stopped working over the Phillipines LOL - typical UA!

Hope the food "upgrade" continues!

Old Jan 4, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Just arrived in SIN from NRT on UA 803 in GF - menu is below. I had the Green Curry and was so amazed at the taste I totally forgot to take a picture - but it was the best meal I have had in UA in a long time...

Unfortunately my seat and IFE stopped working over the Phillipines LOL - typical UA!

Hope the food "upgrade" continues!

Good to see that menu. It is an improvement. I'll be flying that route in GF later this month. Wonder if BF had a similar menu for NRT-SIN?
Old Jan 4, 2015, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
January 2015 all US-China Routes (West Bound) 1 0f 2

I was so tired seeing and eating the same old UA menus/meals in 2014 that I ended up only posted about 50% of meal photos I took on board. Hopefully we will see improvement in 2015. I took IAD-PEK yesterday. Although it is considered a westbound transPac flight, the flight path actually took us over Greenland, North Atlantic and western and central part of Siberia instead of typical path over Canada and eastern Siberia.

The menu is the same old menu as I had seen since early 2013. However, food did taste a bit better....perhaps I was hungry from the 2+hour of mechanical delay.

Because of UA recycling same old menus over the past 2+ year-period, I thought we should consider including food offerings from the Global International First Class Lounge in our assessment of UA premium cabin food offerings. Whenever I have access to GFL in 2015, I will include food photos from the lounges in addition to food photos taken during flights.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Jan 5, 2015 at 9:13 am
Old Jan 4, 2015, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
January 2015 all US-China Routes (West Bound) 2 0f 2

Old Jan 4, 2015, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA GS
You had me there for a second, before reading the text I thought "finally real water in GF".
Old Jan 4, 2015, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mh3265a
Good to see that menu. It is an improvement. I'll be flying that route in GF later this month. Wonder if BF had a similar menu for NRT-SIN?
Do you have to even ask?

But seriously, I am interested as well though I think I know the answer. It is first class on UA after all...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.