Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Fly with Capt Denny JFK-LAX on FlyerTalk 3: January 17, 2015 plus LAX Ops Tour

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2014, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FortFun

Members in Attendance:

Code:
FT Handle		Flight UA441	Lunch		Tour		Tour ID
									Submitted
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain Denny		Cockpit		Confirmed	Yes		n/a
FO			Cockpit		Confirmed		?		n/a

FlyerTalk 3
AirTrain		6A		Confirmed	Yes		Yes
AirTrain +1		6B		Confirmed	Yes		Yes
Canadiancow		1B		Confirmed	Yes		Yes
Dublin_rfk		4B		Confirmed	Yes		Yes
DocTravel		4F		Confirmed	Yes		Yes
FortFun			lA		Confirmed	Yes		Yes
Kareddick		3E		Confirmed	Yes		Yes
Mhnadel			22C (UG WL)	Confirmed	Yes		Yes
wxguy                   5A              Confirmed       Yes             Yes
Riphamilton		2F		No		Yes		Yes
goalie			5B		No		Tentative	Yes
iluv2fly		UNK		Confirmed	Yes		Yes

Local
AndrewT84		-		Confirmed	Yes		Yes
AndrewT84 +1		-		Confirmed	Yes		Yes
Flying Machine		-		Confirmed	Yes		Yes
FlyerBeek		-		Confirmed	Yes		Yes
luv2ctheworld		-		Confirmed	Yes		Yes
luv2ctheworld+1		-		Confirmed	Yes		Yes
nov11			-		No		Yes		Yes
pixitha			-		Confirmed	No 		n/a
ianmanka		-		Confirmed	Yes		Yes
ianmanka +1		-		Confirmed	Yes		Yes
pemdas2250		-		Confirmed	Yes		Yes
1K_From_SNA		-		Confirmed	Yes		Yes
Pre-Lunch Meet-Up & Station Tour:

UPDATE: The tour is now closed. As names needed to be provided in advanced to the United team at LAX, there is no waitlist available.

There will be a special United Club meet-up and LAX Station/Operations Tour that will take place after Flight UA441 lands and before lunch.

Start Time:
10:00AM

NOTE: As this may be space constrained, priority will be given to those who are flying on UA441 and those who attend the luncheon. After that, it will be first come, first served basis. You are not confirmed unless you receive an e-mail confirming your attendance. Hopefully these will go out NLT COB Thursday.

Luncheon:

UPDATE: Lunch is now full. If you would like to be added to a waitlist, please update your username below.

The luncheon will be held at the Daily Grill Century Blvd, which is easily accessible by the Westin LAX courtesy shuttle.

5400 West Century Boulevard
Los Angeles, California 90045

Start Time:
12:30PM

Because of our “large” party status, we are classified as a “private party” and have a fixed menu. You will have a choice of Entree, Dessert, and a non-alcoholic beverage (house brewed ice tea, regular/decaf coffee, or soft drink). There will be a full cash bar available.

The cost for lunch will be $30.00 per person (inclusive of service and tax; exclusive of alcohol). Payment can be made via PayPal/CC in advance (by NLT 12:00PM Friday) or cash-only day-of-event for those who were already confirmed for lunch. For those of you attending the tour and intending to pay by cash, this will be collected prior to the tour starting. See e-mail that was sent out for more information.

NOTE: You will order at the restaurant. If you have any dietary restrictions, please let AndrewT84 know in advance so we can coordinate accordingly. Gluten Free options are available and designated by the GF below.

NOTE 2: I have checked with both the Events Manager and Westin Manager, independently, and both have stated that since the Daily Grill is neither owned nor operated by Starwood, no F&B SPG points can be earned unless charged to a guest room folio. As there will be one bill (i.e., no split checks), please pay by PayPal/CC if you want to ensure points for your lunch.

Entrees

Blackened Chicken Kale Caesar Salad (GF)
A mixture of romaine and kale, parmesan cheese and optional croutons, tossed in our caesar dressing. Topped with a blackened grilled chicken breast.

Bacon Avocado Burger
8 oz. certified angus beef with cheddar cheese, bacon, sliced avocado, thousand island, lettuce, tomato, and sliced red onion. Served with french fries.

Herb Chicken Caprese (GF)
Grilled herb chicken breast served with fresh mozzarella, vine ripened tomatoes, arugula, and a balsamic glaze.

Dessert

Freshly Baked Cookies and Brownies
For each table to share

Waitlist:

Lunch:

Code:
FT Handle
----------
Print Wikipost

Fly with Capt Denny JFK-LAX on FlyerTalk 3: January 17, 2015 plus LAX Ops Tour

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
Wow things are different with PS FLT. I have not seen e-mails before telling me that my "request" for UG has been accepted before.

UG cleared. Looks like at least from the start this year is going to be better.
my waitlist for saver BF cleared yesterday and i was also emailed. i generally get emailed anytime i move up (CPU, instrument, miles) T>24.

i don't think you have wiki privileges because of your post count, but i'll be sure to edit your seat in the wiki if you update that info.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 1:01 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Oh, interesting... but I've done like 6 TCONs since November and will be flying back from LAX all of 36 hours earlier... Not sure I can handle another r/t that soon...
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
OK, I'm in.

Currently in 22F, hoping upgrade clearance will change that.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
I may try to do this, I need to jump start the mileage in 2015 and this is just as good an excuse to do it.

The Boarding group 1 line is going to have 100 people in it LOL.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would have loved to join, but already have committments. Still remember a nice FT dinner with Capt Denny. He's such a wonderful person.
Wish all a lot of fun!
Old Dec 31, 2014, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
A shame - I'll be in Istanbul at that time. Otherwise, a no-brainer - especially since I can then do a whole day in wine country.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 3:05 pm

Cap Denny

I'm in and sitting in 23C, unless the upgrade gods intercede. Looking forward to seeing Capt D and a good LA lunch. Happy New Year everyone.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Dang. I'd totally be in but I already have a trip planned that weekend and can't get around it.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 7:42 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Ugh! I just confirmed for the 11AM flight same day, same route!
Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:28 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Talking I'm in-Tootsie-Pops for all!

1/16
SFO-JFK:
UA502 4:46pm->1:14am*
Seat 21D**

1/17
JFK-LAX
UA441 aka Flyertak3
Seat 21D
UA1188 LAX-SFO 11:13am->12:41pm***
Seat 20F

*Gonna be sleeping in the JFK lobby for a few hours so for those that know me, please make sure you don't see me still sleeping when you arrive as I'll be on the seats near the windows

**now gotta work on upgrades

***apologies but I can't make the lunch as I've got something scheduled later on Saturday

Last edited by goalie; Jan 1, 2015 at 4:30 pm
Old Jan 1, 2015, 2:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by goalie
1/16
SFO-JFK:
UA502 4:46pm->1:14am*
Seat 21D**

1/17
JFK-LAX
UA441 aka Flyertak3
Seat 21D
UA1188 LAX-SFO 11:13am->12:41pm***
Seat 20F

*Gonna be sleeping in the JFK lobby for a few hours so for those that know me, please make sure you don't see me still sleeping when you arrive as I'll be on the seats near the windows

**now gotta work on upgrades

***apologies but I can't make the lunch as I've got something scheduled later on Sunday
I'm on the same flight SFO-JFK as you, but a later LAX-SFO. I was thinking about grabbing an airport hotel for the Friday night to try to get a bit of decent sleep, and a shower.

And to clarify, the lunch would be on Saturday, not Sunday, right?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 4:35 pm

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm on the same flight SFO-JFK as you, but a later LAX-SFO. I was thinking about grabbing an airport hotel for the Friday night to try to get a bit of decent sleep, and a shower.

And to clarify, the lunch would be on Saturday, not Sunday, right?
Oops, my bad the lunch is on Saturday and not Sunday (and I fixed my post). I also thought about a hotel but between the time getting from JFK to the hotel after a 1:15am arrival and then back to JFK for a 6am departure, it would would pretty much be just a time for a shower adn that's it so I decided just to hang out
Old Jan 1, 2015, 5:13 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by goalie
Gonna be sleeping in the JFK lobby for a few hours...
Just FYI for those contemplating this, I believe JFK T7 gateside is closed for passengers after the last arrivals so you'll need to find somewhere else to spend the layover:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...eeping-t4.html
Old Jan 1, 2015, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Just FYI for those contemplating this, I believe JFK T7 gateside is closed for passengers after the last arrivals so you'll need to find somewhere else to spend the layover:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...eeping-t4.html
Thanks for the heads up FH ^ and if I'm not allowed to stay landside (the terminal lobby)at T7, I'll head over to T4
Old Jan 1, 2015, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
i'm on an immediate turn at LAX right now, but i'd more more than happy to SDC in order to give myself a few hours for lunch with everybody.

unfortunately it looks like the latest i can stay is 1pm, otherwise i'll have to deal with a redeye back to BDL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.