Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

GS 2015 -- No Word Yet / Still waiting / Why?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This thread is for those that have not received affirmative notification of 2015 GS notification. So far appears to be only renewals and not new qualifiers. Question about how and when further selections will be made and posting of status for feedback is appropriate for this thread.
For checking 2015 elite status and membership kit shipment status, see mystatus.united.con
For posting actual GS notifications please use Global Services 2015 Notifications (ONLY)

For general discussion of GS benefits and what is need for qualification, please use Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2015]

This multi-thread approach is because a few members have asked for this separation to see if some trends / criteria for section can be determined.
Print Wikipost

GS 2015 -- No Word Yet / Still waiting / Why?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 4:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Officially denied again after calling MP to ask if they could set me up with the challenge, and they were able to resubmit me for the reconsideration. Same response as the first time... denied with no hope.

$45K PQD without even a challenge to make GS (I would have $20,000 easily during the challenge period with the TPACs).... I'm off to better *A carriers for my int'l J class travel. I don't feel like playing the crap shoot again this year, especially since I may be in the $50K - $55K PQD / 120,000 BIS range (which may be close again to the cut-off), and I know I can get a superior J class product on Lufthansa, Swiss, ANA, Air NZ..... UA just had their chance to secure me for the long term on UA metal.

Last edited by jjmoore; Jan 22, 2015 at 5:31 am Reason: typo and clarification
Old Jan 22, 2015, 7:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jjmoore
I know I can get a superior J class product on Lufthansa, Swiss, ANA, Air NZ..... UA just had their chance to secure me for the long term on UA metal.
Why should they? UA will still share the revenue from your flights on LH, LX, and NH.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by Kacee
Why should they? UA will still share the revenue from your flights on LH, LX, and NH.
Just curious... does UA only share the revenue if booked on 016 ticket stock? A lot of what I am seeing on Concur AMEX is showing tickets booked on LH ticket stock or LX likewise... I would still credit miles (albeit fewer miles than if booked on UA metal or ticket stock)... I will be accruing a ton of miles anyway, so some lost mileage to enjoy a seat in J (or even F) on a LH A380/748 will definitely be worth it to me. I had the opportunities last year, but ended up booking as much as possible on UA metal to try to hit GS.

Anyway, it was a bit messy, but I learned a valuable lesson and that is to not play the game of uncertainty... I just need to book the best experience.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: UA GS, F9 Summit, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat
Not necessarily. Depends on JV, route and even on codeshares it's less likely than it used to be via seat blocking.

As I understand it most deals these days the most rev goes to the operating carrier...
Old Jan 22, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: GS, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, *gold
Originally Posted by bennettb
Here is the mail from United today...

Welcome to Global Services

Dear xxx,

Yesterday you were sent an email in error regarding your 2015 Global ServicesSM status. We want to apologize for any confusion this may have caused and reassure you that the email you recently received from Jeff Smisek welcoming you to Global Services was correct. Your benefits will go uninterrupted through January 31, 2016 and your Global Services credentials will arrive soon. As a reminder, you can go online to mystatus.united.com to learn more about your benefits.

Thank you again for your commitment and exceptional loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you with our highest level of service in the coming year.

Best regards,
Your Global Services Team

I got the same email!!
Old Jan 22, 2015, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Skacorica
Not necessarily. Depends on JV, route and even on codeshares it's less likely than it used to be via seat blocking.

As I understand it most deals these days the most rev goes to the operating carrier...
The statement is correct. If OP flies NH TPAC or LH or LX TATL, UA will share in the revenue. I made no representations concerning proportionate share, and it sounds like you know nothing save for hearsay. Although if you do have access to the terms of the actual revenue sharing deal, I'm sure many here would be curious to know those details.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA GS / MM
Originally Posted by jjmoore
I will be accruing a ton of miles anyway, so some lost mileage to enjoy a seat in J (or even F) on a LH A380/748 will definitely be worth it to me.
Anyway, it was a bit messy, but I learned a valuable lesson and that is to not play the game of uncertainty... I just need to book the best experience.
If you haven't flown LH380 J, it's worth a try. But I don't like the seat, hard to sleep. Th food is better, plane is newer, but I wouldn't fly it again at a loss of RDM.

My lesson learned is the opposite of yours, at/around the cut-off, it's a bit of crap-shoot, if I make GS, great (GS is much better than 1K especially in award travel and upgrades). But if I miss GS, it's ok, I will still get more RDM.

If one is not on the bubble or don't care about RDM, then yes, it is liberating to fly OALs.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 6:21 am

Programs: UA GS, F9 Summit, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat
The statement is correct. If OP flies NH TPAC or LH or LX TATL, UA will share in the revenue. I made no representations concerning proportionate share, and it sounds like you know nothing save for hearsay. Although if you do have access to the terms of the actual revenue sharing deal, I'm sure many here would be curious to know those details.
Yes you did as his point was lost revenue. Seriously, not sure what your beef is w/ GS but you sure are quick to get your panties in a wad.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 6:50 am

I am probably the wrong person to make these guesses / assumptions... but I would think that flights booked on LH metal as UA 016 ticket stock will have a different revenue sharing interest than a ticket booked on LH ticket stock on LH metal where only miles are credited to the MP account. I would think the latter scenario involves much less revenue shared between the two airlines, especially since PQD's are not credited in that circumstance.

I have to say that I am quite frustrated with how this year landed... I would have been completely fine with the challenge to make GS. I have been 1K for 5 years now.... 3 of those years involved $30,000+ base fare spend. In 2014, I spent 2nd half of the year in refundable fare classes almost 100%. I had 1 int'l C class booking, and a multitude of $1200 PQD puddle hopper rt's.... I am not sure how they could rule me out as a candidate, especially if they did the math looking forward as to how much revenue I would generate this year.... if I stick with UA solely, it will be a $50K - $60K PQD year (maybe more with some additional int'l)... but even at these levels, nothing is guaranteed, and I am not sure why I would like to play this crap shoot again. I know I was on the bubble, and I would never complain that I didn't get chosen outright... but to not even be considered for the challenge (even after a 2nd appeal)... that's a shame (especially since I could EASILY funnel $20,000 to UA in Feb-Mar alone).

With that said, I am done complaining on this topic. If anyone would like to see the gritty details of my travels last year for a closer assessment, please send me a PM and I will share.

Happy and safe travels, and maybe I'll be visiting the GS forums later this year if things work out.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: UA Global Services and 3MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond/Marriott Titanium Ambassador, Hertz PC
Well this post got quiet so either all made GS, or gave up... I never got any official emails (still) for renewal or reconsideration. Emails back and forth with lame canned responses. Most recent:

Dear Mr. "Nobody":

First, let me acknowledge your exceptional loyalty and valued business over many years. We appreciate you choosing United as your air travel partner. As I’m sure you know, Global Services is an exclusive invitation-only program which requires annual re-qualification and is limited to a very small number of top premiers. While your travel in the past has made you eligible for Global Services, your 2014 travel did not meet the threshold. We have, however, entered you into our review process on January 15, to take a second look at your account and you should receive a response within the next 7-10 business days.

As you plan your 2015 travel, it may be helpful to provide some background on the Global Services review process. While our criteria is unpublished, I can tell you that our review evaluates multiple criteria, the most critical of which is your flight activity on United relative to other top Premier members. It's important to note that our consideration does not focus on Premier qualifying miles or segments. Rather, we consider each member’s spend on flights operated by United and United Express. We typically invite those who have achieved very high levels of travel spend while flying in premium cabins or on fully refundable tickets with United over recent consecutive years. These levels tend to increase each year, so past travel activity may not be an accurate predictor of whether Global Services will be retained in the future. Global Services invitations go to a very limited number of our members, allowing us to deliver the best possible service to this exclusive group.

We wish you well in your travels, and we’ll look forward to seeing you often in 2015.

United Airlines

Global Services

Customer Care

I am pretty confident I will never get that "email" with the final verdict. So kicked to the curb. Having been GS for last 5 years, it is going to be a tough adjustment... Actually it just plain sucks!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium
Submitted for GS reconsideration on 13 January. Called GS today to check status, said it was still under review and stated that reviews been running behind schedule. May take an additional week or so....
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA Global Services and 3MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond/Marriott Titanium Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by McDew
Submitted for GS reconsideration on 13 January. Called GS today to check status, said it was still under review and stated that reviews been running behind schedule. May take an additional week or so....
Based on the lame email I got above, GS said they registered me on the 15th and I should receive an email within 7 - 10 days. The email was sent today (1/27). So instead of by 1/25, more like middle of Feb? They also told me in a previous email they are very backlogged because it seems everyone in the world is submitting a request for reconsideration this year. I am still keeping my fingers crossed, but losing hope quickly...
Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:41 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by McDew
I think they need to find a new person to run GS...

They are completely clueless.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by bldr1k
I think they need to find a new person to run GS...

They are completely clueless.
They are definitely not running the process very well this year and apparently overwhelmed with reconsideration requests for which they probably will never follow up on so it seems... I have accepted the fact that they are not interested in my request for renewal. . 5 years of GS was great and going to be tough not to have. Like taking candy from a kid!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by KevinPK1
They are definitely not running the process very well this year and apparently overwhelmed with reconsideration requests for which they probably will never follow up on so it seems... I have accepted the fact that they are not interested in my request for renewal. . 5 years of GS was great and going to be tough not to have. Like taking candy from a kid!
I've seen you posting in multiple threads about this (FT no-no), but haven't seen your stats. Since you're making such a stink, please give us some evidence that you're at least in the neighborhood...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.