Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Receipt of 2015 (Jan 2016 expiration) MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Receipt of 2015 (Jan 2016 expiration) MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Received mine today, re-qualified on 11/5
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Requalified early August, packet arrived today.

How much did they save by shrinking the luggage tags?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee

Nickels and dimes, nickels and dimes
Old Dec 23, 2014, 1:16 am

You know, it's funny you mention that. I do wonder how much they have saved by going with the smaller luggage tags, reducing the size of the kit, reduced the number of pages in the booklet from last year, lower postage costs, not printing names on the luggage tags, slim the card, etc.

I just think it's funny that all of these things have became noticeable by the FT community! I bet when the people were drafting up the prototype of what the new kit would look like, they probably were like no one is going to notice these minor changes.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 2:02 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
I re-qualified in May or June 2014 for 2015 1K and so far no kit received. Did get the GPU's deposited in my account though. mystatus.united.com shows no info on processing or shipped kit. The card on the United app doesn't have an expiration date so not much help if you are trying to get into a partner club. I am sure it will get sorted before January 31st, lucky to never have not received card on time!

PS the my status page only says my 1K level is good until January 2015, even though my PQm's where around $250K.

Last edited by adambrau; Dec 23, 2014 at 2:15 am Reason: PS
Old Dec 23, 2014, 7:00 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by dank0014
You know, it's funny you mention that. I do wonder how much they have saved by going with the smaller luggage tags, reducing the size of the kit, reduced the number of pages in the booklet from last year, lower postage costs, not printing names on the luggage tags, slim the card, etc.

I just think it's funny that all of these things have became noticeable by the FT community! I bet when the people were drafting up the prototype of what the new kit would look like, they probably were like no one is going to notice these minor changes.
Me thinks it's more like they just don't care anymore. They'll just keep cutting. If enough people complain, they'll probably make adjustments as necessary.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: 1K
I believe i re-qualified for 1K in Q2, 2014. Received my 2015 kit via USPS yesterday, 22-Dec:

-2 pages of yellow drink chits
-2 mini luggage tags
-1 membership card

No yellow handle wraps -- I need new ones, as mine are starting to look NASTY!
Old Dec 23, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: 1K
I hate having UA's back on this one, but I am fond of the smaller size. It is also a way to distinguish between 2015 and 2014. I have so many of them that I put them on my family's bags -- I'm sure there are many others that fall in the same category. I'm not sure if it helps with the baggage handling, but I figure it can't hurt.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
Nothing yet, but mystatus.united.com shipping notification changed this week from "processing" to "Shipped! Your Premier 1K materials are on their way! They should arrive in 4-6 weeks."

4-6 weeks?? Considering that I have about 45,000 BIS miles booked for the first six weeks of 2015, I'm sure hoping they're just trying to manage expectations and my kit comes sometime around the first of the year. Re-qualified first week of November.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 9:39 am

I never got my 2014 packet.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
No notice on the MyStatus website but my packet arrived yesterday. I qualified in May.

Those little mini-bag tags are "interesting".
Old Dec 23, 2014, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
My page now shows "processing", when yesterday it showed nothing at all for status.

On a related note, glancing at the bottom of the page reveals this gem:

Whenever you need assistance, want to make a reservation, or just have a question, speak to a specially trained agent at the 1K Call Desk in the U.S. and Canada at:
I can't believe they are still saying there is a 1K Call Desk. They cut this a long time back.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: United 1K, American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold
Gold here, re-qualified in October, received late last week.

I do like the smaller luggage tag. But, it's a cost-cut!

Ruhr
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The mystatus page for me and my wife both still just say pending and has for 2 weeks. I qualified for Platinum (was Gold last couple years) in November.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:56 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by hookthem
I believe i re-qualified for 1K in Q2, 2014. Received my 2015 kit via USPS yesterday, 22-Dec:

-2 pages of yellow drink chits
-2 mini luggage tags
-1 membership card

No yellow handle wraps -- I need new ones, as mine are starting to look NASTY!
Interesting. I got full sized luggage tags with my renewal kit. Then again, I had an upgrade in status, from Plat to 1K. Maybe that's why it's a full-size?

Are the mini luggage tags gum stick sized, similar to what CO used to send with the elite kits?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.