Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Receipt of 2015 (Jan 2016 expiration) MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Receipt of 2015 (Jan 2016 expiration) MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I am wondering if the delays are due to the mail sorting offices/machines not liking the packaging and chucking them in a corner until they can tape them up to process them. If they did leave whomosever packages/posts these on behalf of United like that, then I can imagine that some post offices will not be happy. Mine looked like something a 4 year old one would do in reception year.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I am wondering if the delays are due to the mail sorting offices/machines not liking the packaging and chucking them in a corner until they can tape them up to process them. If they did leave whomosever packages/posts these on behalf of United like that, then I can imagine that some post offices will not be happy. Mine looked like something a 4 year old one would do in reception year.
Doubt it. The USPS infrastructure is set up to handle and process articles much bigger, bulkier, etc. than this nonsense UA sends out.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1MM
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Could be. We mail catalogs and the USPS requires us to use three tabs to close the open ends (in alignment with the address field) so that the piece doesn't get caught in automation. The tape used on the UA envelope looked like an afterthought to me. I suppose it could have been applied by the Post Office or they may have returned the mailers to UA with instructions to make it "machine friendly." Mailed pieces have to be compliant to earn the automation discount.

I left for Europe on 1/30, without my new Plat card and was concerned that I wouldn't get access to the LH lounge in Frankfurt on my return. I had my old card, my boarding pass was printed *Gold and I didn't get any grief from the lounge dragons :-) Kit was in my mail when I returned home on 2/16.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 4:53 pm

thanks guys for your help!
Old Feb 20, 2015, 3:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, US LT Silver, AA Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
It's February 20 and mystatus still says pending. I called and got the standard "it takes 6-8 weeks" from the Mileage Plus agent. Why? This is ridiculous. Haven't flown United this year and don't intend to until I get what they owe me. I know this is petty, but I'm tired of incompetence and poor service. You don't set an expiration date for a program and not send out the renewal cards until after the old ones have ended. Stupid. American here I come!
Old Feb 20, 2015, 5:49 am

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile Still No 1K Package for us 2 19 15

I sent and email on 2 19 15 to 1KVoice to inquire as to the status of my new 2015-16 1K Package for both me and Mrs. GPicur.

I got a response from Mileage Plus stating that the Packages/New Cards were sent on January 18, 2015 and requesting me to "Verify" my address.

Sent a response email to MP/CC to 1KVoice with my address. Received an email from MP saying that new Packages "would be" sent out and to wait 4 to 6 weeks.

"4 to 6 Weeks" ??? REALLY. This was right after the part of the email that thanked us for being "loyal" UA 1Ks and for flying 1 Million Miles.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile March 1, Still No 2015 1K Kit

March 1, our 1K Cards are expired and still no response from United in reference to my request for a tracking number for the 2015-16 1K Cards.

We don't have this problem with Emirates or Lufthansa.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:52 am
Moderator: United Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gpicur
March 1, our 1K Cards are expired and still no response from United in reference to my request for a tracking number for the 2015-16 1K Cards. ....
BTW, me neither (request a resent last week). But your 1K card should have expired 1 February, not 1 March.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, National Exec Elite, Hertz 5 Star
Platinum here and no card as of March 2. Heading to NZ tonight so hopefully my old card, boarding pass, and print out of the card from the web will work for lounge access on Tuesday in Sydney. @ Feb 15th my 4 to 6 week window started so I expect to get the card in mid to late March.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jaygator
Platinum here and no card as of March 2. Heading to NZ tonight so hopefully my old card, boarding pass, and print out of the card from the web will work for lounge access on Tuesday in Sydney. @ Feb 15th my 4 to 6 week window started so I expect to get the card in mid to late March.
What does it say on the mobile app for you ? But if it is correct on the BP then you will be fine. Or should.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K (2MM)
March 2nd, still no kit, my AA packet showed up 1st week of January... ridiculous since I passed my 1K November 4th of last year.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, Star Gold,Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by zabes64
March 2nd, still no kit, my AA packet showed up 1st week of January... ridiculous since I passed my 1K November 4th of last year.
I achieved 1K in May of last year and as of today I don't have my 2016 card, so I don't think that when one achieves status has anything to do with it. Every year it gets later and later, and my guess is that UA waits until the last minute to send out for its card orders.

I feel your frustration; if they know this is going to happen, then they should simply change the expiration date to March 31 of each year, seeing as how the lack of new cards drags into March now. If it is any comfort to you, the only time I have been asked for my MP status card is when trying to enter a *A lounge on an E ticket. Many FT'ers have reported that printing a temporary card works if you're traveling abroad at the beginning of the year. If you're in C or F international (on anything *A but UA, of course) you should get access to some type of lounge regardless.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, US LT Silver, AA Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
March 3rd and still no Gold card so no revenue or flights on United this year! I dropped from 1K to Gold after 10+ years as a top tier flyer with Continental/United and looks like I will drop to nothing in 2016, which is fine. I've been flying Southwest and American/USAir and getting comfortable with both so I'll earn status on them.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:16 am

Smile FINALLY...

Finally got our 1K Cards Yesterday (March 3).

I did get a response from UA MP concerning the delay. "...wait 6 to 8 weeks.."
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You have to laugh at 6-8 weeks in this day and age. Really.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.