Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Few Questions about IAH-IAD-IAH

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

no. i thought it was a 777, but it was a while ago; i could be wrong.

awesome - thanks
Old Dec 17, 2014, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

ANOTHER random question

hello all,
yet ANOTHER random question!
one of my friends recently flew on the 772 in F, in the same config that I will be flying in. He said it was somewhat awkward because the J passengers were constantly peering into F to see the service going on.. He wasn't sure if there was a curtain or not, but it definitely wasn't used, even if there was.
He also said that J passeengers were coming up to use the F lav, and that FA's didnt do anything.
I'm just curious (i dont really care) whether theres a curtain seperating J and F on this aircraft? and is the bathroom shared? i know UA usually makes an announcement about this.

On a totally totally tangent topic, being the proud dad that I am, just wanted to share with everyone that my youngest son got into Yale yesterday! So, we will be flying to Connecticut soon! Go Bulldogs!
Old Dec 17, 2014, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
There is a curtain and the bathroom is not shared. It's up to the FA's to enforce both.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by iluvairlines
hello all,
one of my friends recently flew on the 772 in F, in the same config that I will be flying in. He said it was somewhat awkward because the J passengers were constantly peering into F to see the service going on.. He wasn't sure if there was a curtain or not, but it definitely wasn't used, even if there was.
He also said that J passeengers were coming up to use the F lav, and that FA's didnt do anything.
I'm just curious (i dont really care) whether theres a curtain seperating J and F on this aircraft? and is the bathroom shared? i know UA usually makes an announcement about this.

On a totally totally tangent topic, being the proud dad that I am, just wanted to share with everyone that my youngest son got into Yale yesterday! So, we will be flying to Connecticut soon! Go Bulldogs!
http://youtu.be/UcH69hwvnv4
Old Dec 17, 2014, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

lol! funny video
im looking fwd to the flight!
Old Dec 17, 2014, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
IAH will use dual jetbridges at Terminal E, single jetbridge use at Terminal C. IAD only has single jetbridge use.

IAH uses dual jetbridges all the time whenever the aircraft parks at Terminal E.

Terminal E gates with dual jetbridges where 777s can park at are E2, E4, E5, E7, E18 & E20.
Terminal C gates with singlet jetbridges where 777s can park at are C-14, C-16 & C-40.

IAD i'm not to sure but I believe the 777 capable gates are C1 - C7 & D1 - D5?
Last month I flew UA7, IAH-NRT, from E7 and we boarded used one jet bridge.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

did E7 have two jetbridges available?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
hello all,
one of my friends recently flew on the 772 in F, in the same config that I will be flying in. He said it was somewhat awkward because the J passengers were constantly peering into F to see the service going on..
There's nothing to see. The service in F and J are the same on a domestic flight.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by TomMM
Last month I flew UA7, IAH-NRT, from E7 and we boarded used one jet bridge.
Odd since whenever I've flown a 777 and E7 was used both jet bridges were attached. Perhaps the one had already been pulled away when you boarded?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:42 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Interesting. IAH is not a typical destination for me, so didn't realize they had a Intl 777 domestic segment on the books. I am still surprised they are running it on Christmas day. Plenty of other route reductions that might have made this unnecessary, but I guess not. Good for the pax that are flying though. ^
I remember taking a 3-class 777 on IAD-LAX on Thanksgiving Day a couple of years back. Of course, back then, there was 3-class metal at least daily on IAD-LAX and IAD-SFO...
Old Dec 18, 2014, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Odd since whenever I've flown a 777 and E7 was used both jet bridges were attached. Perhaps the one had already been pulled away when you boarded?
I have no idea. I boarded with Group 2, was seated in 22C and the aircraft was fully loaded. One thing though was that CBP was in the jetway asking passengers how much money they were carrying. Never encountered that before. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
hello all,

Originally Posted by mduell
There is a curtain and the bathroom is not shared. It's up to the FA's to enforce both.

As a follow up to this, the curtain that UA uses is VERY thin and see-through. Even when closed, it does not provide any type of visual screen between the cabins.

I believe this is a government regulation to allow most visibility throughout the plane so any suspicious activity is easily noticed. (not going to discuss the effectiveness of this )

Foreign carriers use a much more substantial curtain the totally blocks vision between cabins and provides a much better atmosphere.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Which seat is the best on this config on F?
I'm deciding between 2A or 1K primarily...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.