Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Ethiopian Airlines (ET) award questions / experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ethiopian Airlines (ET) award questions / experiences

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: *
Originally Posted by TNG
Don't loose your boarding passes, I flew Ethiopian from FRA-ADD-JIB on Jan 16. I am still fighting for the miles to post. They say they have no record of me flying. I had to go as far as emailing United my Itinerary from our company travel agent, electronic boarding passes along with the paper boarding passes from the flights. I originally requested miles, then sent them the paper boarding passes, then the itinerary with all the other documents. Maybe next I'll need to show them the picture of the plane as I am walking down the Jetway onto the plane with the picture timestamped. What a joke, they act so ignorant when talking to them, yet they understand what you are talking about. I will never fly Ethiopian again.
I know somewhat off topic, but what reason do they give for non-posting - is problem with UA or ET?

I flew IAD-ADD-ENU-FRA. First two legs credited automatically but other two still haven't, few weeks on
Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:18 am
TNG

Programs: Platinum United, Marriott
Sorry for going off topic, Ethiopian has no record of me on the 2 flights. I did get credit for the return trip.
United said if Ethiopian still cannot confirm, that they could still make a final decision and credit the miles
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
Called UA 1k for help and she could not get the seats either via Saver Award LAX-DUB or any award on any date in July. We only checked about 4 possible outbound dates. Is there any other way to gets these seats, saver or standard award Economy? If I cannot book on dot com and agent cannot book either, what other actions can I pursue?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
You won't like this response, but you can get a seat by paying for it.

Award seats are capacity controlled, and you are looking at the high summer season three months out.

I would have been more surprised if you had found award seats.

Sorry.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:36 pm

Agreed, but this route just opened seats and the agent and myself can see the seats on dot com but cannot select the availability. Are you saying that the agent and I are seeing or possibly seeing false availability? Might be so, but for every flight there is standard and saver but I will give it a few more tries then just give up.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 1:20 am

What dates and what routing?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 6:19 am

LAX > DUB, one way, 4 people, July 4th
Old Apr 8, 2015, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Interesting -- it looks like availability is there and when ne tries to book one sees this:
Error

Due to rapidly changing partner availability the following flights are no longer available. Please choose another flight or modify your search criteria.

Ethiopian Airlines flight ET505 - 7/4/2015 - 11:45 p.m. - Los Angeles, CA (LAX) to Dublin, Ireland (DUB)
I've not looked to see whether ANA shows award space on this flight, but that would be an interesting exercise...
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: CO Gold - 1MM, IC Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ZZYZXROAD
LAX > DUB, one way, 4 people, July 4th
ANA Shows 0 award space availability in Economy or Biz class, for July 4.

FWIW,
Monday July 6 shows 1 Economy award seat, but only 1 seat.
Saturday July 11 shows 3 Economy award seats.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by CLEHillbilly

FWIW,
Monday July 6 shows 1 Economy award seat, but only 1 seat.
Saturday July 11 shows 3 Economy award seats.
...and trying to make a UA award booking n those dates the UA site actually gets past where it got stuck before -- with no errors.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by CLEHillbilly
That's what I see as well. I believe UA is showing phantom availability.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 2:32 pm

Yup, chaulk it up to IT. Just booked, LAX-EWR, stop over 2nights, EWR-DUB, stop over 4 nights, DUB-LHR for 45k saver plus $49, so it worked out.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 6:04 pm

^

Glad to hear it.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; WN A-List; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; HH Diamond; all the rest
Has anyone worked out a resolution for ticketing award seats on ET 504, DUB-LAX?

That's the flight I need on the date I need it, in July (low level award space showing), and the MP agent says the system won't let him book it.

EDITED: ANA tool is not showing the seats on ET. I guess it's a .bomb issue.

Last edited by DCA-SEA; Jun 9, 2015 at 2:24 pm
Old Jun 29, 2015, 6:27 pm

Programs: United Miles
Phantom Award (ET504) on United.com -- real or no?

So, for the last two weeks, United.com lists Ethiopian 504 DUB-LAX on 8/10 as available as a saver fare -- a flight that would really help me out to get home in time for the kids new school year. However all attempts to book online fail. Calling for assistance, they also see the flight, but fail to book as well. When I press for a reason this has been showing up for weeks, I get nothing.

I could really use this leg. Is there a way to determine if this is actually available as an award and worth pressing somehow? And if so, how can I press this with UA? It appears every instance of the flight suffers this problem (listed as award, but then errors as unbookable, including the instances in the next few days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.