Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Ethiopian Airlines (ET) award questions / experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ethiopian Airlines (ET) award questions / experiences

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:24 am

Programs: *
Originally Posted by rankourabu
You realize that united.com does not show ET J seats, right?
Its not an availability issue, its a display issue.

You need to verify availability on aeroplan or ANA and call in to book.

And no, there isnt a different way
I checked aeroplan and saw availability for LHR-ADD and then called UA and agent swears no availability. Not sure who to believe but will try again....
Old Mar 7, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by ani90
I checked aeroplan and saw availability for LHR-ADD and then called UA and agent swears no availability. Not sure who to believe but will try again....
I called UA looking for IAD-ADD and ADD-IAD availability in J, since the website showed zero. I was told J availability wasn't available to UA. I would have paid a lot of miles (for an upgrade to C) to avoid my worst-ever trip in Y on that ADD-IAD return flight.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by ani90
Were the seats available on ANA?

This is very worrisome if it is indeed UA blocking ET J space.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ZZYZXROAD
Wonder if I can clear Customs in DUB and save 2 hours in TBIT at LAX? I will take the nonstop and partial lie flat and save 4 hours and maybe clear customs in DUB than go to LHR. Just my preference.
Have you considered Global Entry? Turns 2-hours into 2-minutes.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
FWIW, Lufthansa offers tickets to SEZ but puts yu on Condor for the FRA-SEZ segment. I'm not sure that can be booked with UA miles.
hm. I think I'm becoming an AA guy. I've been doing UL to MLE and SEZ (new UL route) these days, and getting AA credit for them. EY & QR gets there too. The EY LAX-AUH flight gets you there quite fast. There never seems to be any UL award seats available, but it doesn't matter. UL's fares are quite good. The planes are old but service is good. UL pax behave quite a bit like CA pax, but oh well. Auction for upgrades has worked reasonably well.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by Long Zhiren
hm. I think I'm becoming an AA guy. I've been doing UL to MLE and SEZ (new UL route) these days, and getting AA credit for them. .
Are these not Mihin Lanka (low cost of UL?)
Old Mar 10, 2015, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Are these not Mihin Lanka (low cost of UL?)
There's so many codeshares, I haven't yet seen any difference. Mihin Lanka (MJ) flights show on UL's website booking quite transparently. I haven't yet been in a plane with MJ livery. I've seen them on CMB's tarmac. UL's quite low cost. You can get lower cost?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
Has anyone successfully booked an award flight from LAX-DUB via UA website on ET? every time I go to select it says its no longer available. Been like that for a few days now.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 11:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
delete
Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:53 pm

Before I call UA, this message always appears:

"Due to rapidly changing partner availability the following flights are no longer available. Please choose another flight or modify your search criteria."

No matter what date for the ET flight, outbound to DUB even though availability SAVER and non SAVER show valid.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Has anyone successfully booked an award flight from LAX-DUB via UA website on ET? every time I go to select it says its no longer available. Been like that for a few days now.
Same here. Called the 1K line three times and couldn't get the agent to understand that there was an issue. Twice got through to web support who again failed to see that there was an issue.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:49 am
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Ethiopian Airlines award seats

ended up with following.

2 BC sez to add, 1 coach. BC was almost empty when we flew.

1 fc add to fra through Saudia Arabia and 2 in BC. I was only person in fc to Jed and 4 empty seats to fra.

3 fc fra to ord on UA. was full.

did fc lounge in fra and what a treat

did tickets just a few hours before we left for sez airport.

next day I flew ord to mci on business trip and was allowed access to global first lounge.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:31 am

Same, spent hour on the phone yesterday with no luck with UA 1k agent. Will try again with different UA agent after I calm down.

Would really like this flight to work out.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Same, spent hour on the phone yesterday with no luck with UA 1k agent. Will try again with different UA agent after I calm down.
Does the space show on NH or AC?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:29 pm
TNG

Programs: Platinum United, Marriott
Don't loose your boarding passes, I flew Ethiopian from FRA-ADD-JIB on Jan 16. I am still fighting for the miles to post. They say they have no record of me flying. I had to go as far as emailing United my Itinerary from our company travel agent, electronic boarding passes along with the paper boarding passes from the flights. I originally requested miles, then sent them the paper boarding passes, then the itinerary with all the other documents. Maybe next I'll need to show them the picture of the plane as I am walking down the Jetway onto the plane with the picture timestamped. What a joke, they act so ignorant when talking to them, yet they understand what you are talking about. I will never fly Ethiopian again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.