Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oldest Original UA Flight Number ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
LAX-SYD-LAX have the same flight numbers, AFAIK.

Originally Posted by riphamilton
UA 1/2 used to be the RTW flight in the 90s (and perhaps earlier).
Yep. Ended not long after 9/11, I think.

Originally Posted by n198ua
Does anyone know what the oldest still-active flight number is on UA, that's still flying the original route ? I know that AA 1 has been JFK-LAX since at least the early 60s, but believe UA #1 used to be ORD-HNL . . .

Just curious; thanks.
UA 1 wasn't ORD-HNL for that long.

Originally Posted by channa
Weren't all the PS flights 1-2 digits which is now in the CO flight number range.

Meanwhile, several of the CO flight numbers were retained and still fly their original routes.
The P.S. varied. I definitely flew on UA890.

Originally Posted by sbm12
Nope. Some were direct flights through to Asia on that same flight number. In 2008 I flew UA 891 JFK-LAX, for example. I don't remember where that flight number continued on to/from, but it did.
890/891 was on the LAX-JFK-LAX transcon for quite a while. I flew it on a 762.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
Hardly a glamorous one but UA 6528 has been flying LAX-PHX since at least 2004 (when I first noticed it after taking it).
In 2002-2003 UA 6528 was SFO-MRY, so LAX-PHX is not the "original route" for 6528.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 5:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mduell
In 2002-2003 UA 6528 was SFO-MRY, so LAX-PHX is not the "original route" for 6528.
Ah too bad, well that's all I've got to offer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.