Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Can my girlfriend transfer her Chase ultimate award to my UA account?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2014, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

I need 20k for the ticket purchase. Chase says only spouse or domestic partner is allowed. So lovers, parents, siblings are not allowed?

Can I transfer my points to someone else's frequent travel account?

Ultimate Rewards point transfer features are designed to allow our
cardmembers to take advantage of the rewards they earn. The features are not
intended to allow transfers to third parties other than a spouse or
domestic partner of the cardmember. Transfers to unauthorized third parties
or any other abuse of the Ultimate Rewards program may result in suspension
or termination of the ability to participate in the program and forfeiture
of points already earned.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by alphacode
I need 20k for the ticket purchase. Chase says only spouse or domestic partner is allowed. So lovers, parents, siblings are not allowed?

Can I transfer my points to someone else's frequent travel account?

Ultimate Rewards point transfer features are designed to allow our
cardmembers to take advantage of the rewards they earn. The features are not intended to allow transfers to third parties other than a spouse or
domestic partner of the cardmember. Transfers to unauthorized third parties
or any other abuse of the Ultimate Rewards program may result in suspension or termination of the ability to participate in the program and forfeiture of points already earned.
If your girlfriend is living with you, you could argue that she is a domestic partner even if you haven't legally registered. The purpose of the rule is to deter people selling their miles.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
+1 Tchiowa! Alphacode, if she isn't, change your address on your UA account to hers, then transfer. Or have her phone Chase to change the address on her Chase account to yours while telling the rep, "I have just moved into my domestic partner's house." Maybe get your name listed on one of her utility bills for extra evidence that you two are Domestic Partners.

California is one of the few, if not the only, place I've heard of with a Registry of Domestic Partnerships. AFAIK, everywhere else, DP means 'person with whom one shares a residence & builds a life together without being legally married to him/ her.' It is generally understood romantically/ sexually, but I suppose if somebody lives with their spouse, sister-in-law & brother-in-law, they would technically not be lying to call themselves a 4-person Domestic Partnership!

Last edited by Brendan; Nov 22, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.