allowed baggage for 2 year old

Old Nov 21, 2014, 3:43 am
Original Poster

allowed baggage for 2 year old

The 2 year old has his own ticket. Am I correct in understanding that he can bring:

1. car seat (strapped in)
2. diaper bag (goes under seat)
3. carry on suitcase (overhead bin)

without any extra charge? Thanks.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...ge/infant.aspx
Old Nov 21, 2014, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Yes. But make sure his parents don't carry too much on or the GA may balk.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by madbucky
The 2 year old has his own ticket. Am I correct in understanding that he can bring:

1. car seat (strapped in)
2. diaper bag (goes under seat)
3. carry on suitcase (overhead bin)

without any extra charge? Thanks.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/cont...ge/infant.aspx
You might want to check out the CARES harness. Our 2, and now 3 year old has used it a few times. Way easier to travel with than lugging around a car seat. The car seat can be checked for no cost. You can also gate check a stroller for no cost as well.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Great, thanks for the replies.

(We need to bring the carseat because we're renting a car)
Old Nov 21, 2014, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by madbucky
Great, thanks for the replies.

(We need to bring the carseat because we're renting a car)
Where are you going?

Most car rental places will rent you a car seat, and some jurisdictions require that they give you one.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 9:02 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
Do car seats on planes still have to have the approved for air travel sticker or is that ancient lore? I have seen a few ugly incidents where a pax had to check a car seat as it was not so approved.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 1:15 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
Do car seats on planes still have to have the approved for air travel sticker or is that ancient lore? I have seen a few ugly incidents where a pax had to check a car seat as it was not so approved.
Have flown with car seat ~20k miles this year. Most recent flight MSP->SFO on an ERJ-175 was asked by the gate agent if my seat was "legal" and then after getting the 24 month into his seat was asked to stand up by the FA so she could inspect it, which she did for about four minutes. I didn't ask what she was looking for and she didn't volunteer.

I agree with other posters -- probably worth researching checking the seat and getting alternative restraints (not necessarily for safety, but to prevent you from losing your mind as your child tries to free-range).
Old Nov 22, 2014, 5:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
Yes, OP should check to make sure the carseat is approved for air travel. Not all of them are.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.