Miles for LX flight operated by LY

Old Nov 20, 2014, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Senator, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Plat. Previous: UA 1K, AAdvantage Platinum;
Miles for LX flight operated by LY

If my TA books me a LX ticket for a LX flight number operated by LY (TLV-ZRH)

Can i get UA miles?

Last edited by bosbjg; Nov 21, 2014 at 2:21 am Reason: Corrected to UA ... since i am a UA member ;-)
Old Nov 21, 2014, 2:10 pm

This is a tricky one... I have no experience but some digging found this on the miles and more website (which covers the LY codeshare range):

*On selected LX code share flights within the ranges LX4220-LX4239, LX4270-LX4279, LX4600-LX4639 und LX8000-LX8499 you are earning award miles only. Status miles, HON Circle miles and Executive Bonus are not being granted on these flights.
Whether they carry this policy over to *A or not I can't say... UA isn't really going to be able to help you here, if you want a firm answer talk to LX.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
As always, miles earned are based on the operating carrier. For all of *A.

As proof of this, on the Swiss earning page (http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mark...spx?ItemId=297), the following appears in the notes below the chart (appears on all partner pages):

The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class.
LY is the operating carrier, and isn't partners with UA. No miles on this flight.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 3:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by wto605
This is a tricky one...
Not tricky at all. The LX M&M earning page is not relevant.
It's the UA MP chart that the OP should look at.
For *A, it's the operating carrier that counts ... LY is not in Star Alliance and therefore no PQM or miles.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:38 pm

No UA miles. You can get LY miles.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 6:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Unfortunately none

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.