Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

My reservation was separated when I checked the change reservation options online

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My reservation was separated when I checked the change reservation options online

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2014, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Question My reservation was separated when I checked the change reservation options online

My reservantion was separated to two when I was checking the option for change on line. I didn't request for divide, actually there seems no option for separate reservation online. I was just curious to see the change fee for my ticket and then close the webpage to stop the change. To my surprise, now I see two reservation number in my account, one for me and one for my spouse and son. I called to ask the reason, the agents just told me they can not reverse the process. Did I do something wrong? Anyway I can put the two reservations back to a one, because I will soon be a platinum member so my spouse and son can choose economy plus. So frustrated. any suggestions?

Last edited by goalie; Nov 20, 2014 at 5:52 pm
Old Nov 18, 2014, 9:53 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by rebyang
My reservantion was separated to two when I was checking the option for change on line. I didn't request for divide, actually there seems no option for separate reservation online. I was just curious to see the change fee for my ticket and then close the webpage to stop the change. To my surprise, now I see two reservation number in my account, one for me and one for my spouse and son. I called to ask the reason, the agents just told me they can not reverse the process. Did I do something wrong? Anyway I can put the two reservations back to a one, because I will soon be a platinum member so my spouse and son can choose economy plus. So frustrated. any suggestions?
If you are asking if the two reservations can be combined, then the agents are correct. Once separated, PNRs cannot be combined back into one PNR.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
You split once you looked for a change for your ticket only. The site even asks you.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
If you are within 24 hours of making the reservation, then you can cancel and make the reservations again.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by controller1
If you are asking if the two reservations can be combined, then the agents are correct. Once separated, PNRs cannot be combined back into one PNR.
What is PNR?
Just called again, was told that the two reservations are still in my account so all the three people will have the same boarding zone, economy plus selection etc.

Is that true? Because I am still a gold member, so I don't know if the selection of economy plus seats would be applied to the three. will be platinum on the way back, hope it is true that I can choose economy plus for all of us.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by rebyang
What is PNR?
Just called again, was told that the two reservations are still in my account so all the three people will have the same boarding zone, economy plus selection etc.

Is that true? Because I am still a gold member, so I don't know if the selection of economy plus seats would be applied to the three. will be platinum on the way back, hope it is true that I can choose economy plus for all of us.
PNR - Passenger Name Record

Essentially, a PNR is a reservation record. You started with one PNR. It appears you now have two PNRs.

When a PNR with an elite member and other passengers is created, the other passengers (up to a limit) will carry the benefits of the elite member. When a PNR is separated into two or more PNRs, those elite benefits tend to carry over unless something is changed in one of the non-elite PNRs. For example, if Economy Plus seating was selected in the original PNR, then the seating assignment will stick. However, if a seat change request is made in one of the non-elite PNRs, Economy Plus would not be available without a payment.

Just because the reservations are in your account does not mean what the agent said. Since you made the reservations while signed into your MP account, those reservations will remain in your account even when they are separated.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by controller1
PNR - Passenger Name Record

Essentially, a PNR is a reservation record. You started with one PNR. It appears you now have two PNRs.

When a PNR with an elite member and other passengers is created, the other passengers (up to a limit) will carry the benefits of the elite member. When a PNR is separated into two or more PNRs, those elite benefits tend to carry over unless something is changed in one of the non-elite PNRs. For example, if Economy Plus seating was selected in the original PNR, then the seating assignment will stick. However, if a seat change request is made in one of the non-elite PNRs, Economy Plus would not be available without a payment.

Just because the reservations are in your account does not mean what the agent said. Since you made the reservations while signed into your MP account, those reservations will remain in your account even when they are separated.
Next time I will be careful checking reservations online or app. I just double checked the flight change option, there is a check box for the agreement of split, but I remember that I close the webpage before going to the next step. Don't know why it's still happened. ... Thanks for your information: Controller1!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.