Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Marriott Rewards Terms and Conditions:

*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Registration is required. Marriott Rewards members who register for this promotion between October 24 and January 5, 2014 will earn double Marriott Rewards points starting with their second paid stay — up to 30,000 bonus points — for stays made between November 1, 2014 and February 5, 2015, at participating Marriott properties. The member receiving this offer has been specifically targeted and the offer is not transferable. Bonus points will be awarded to the member's account within 3-5 business days after the qualifying stay. Awards are not transferable and may not be given as a gift. Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit and Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member's nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles with Marriott Rewards are not eligible for this promotion. Participating brands include JW Marriott®, EDITION®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, AC Hotels by MarriottSM, Marriott® Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott®, Gaylord Hotels, Marriott Vacation Club® and Moxy Hotels. Stays at our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achievement. All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply. Visit MarriottRewards.com for complete details. © 2014 Marriott International, Inc.
United MileagePlus Terms and Conditions:

1. Only original recipients of the invitation to the offer can register and participate in the promotion.

2. To qualify for this offer, eligible members must register through the promotion website prior to travel, then purchase and complete paid, qualifying travel to any destination served by United or United Express® during the qualifying ticketing and travel periods. Registration for the promotion must be completed by January 5, 2015.

3. Ticketing dates: October 24, 2014 – February 5, 2015

4. Complete travel between: November 1, 2014 – February 5, 2015.

5. Offer is valid on paid flight segments booked in F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V, W, or S fare classes. The offer is not valid on government fares.

6. A "segment" is defined as one takeoff and one landing. All qualifying segments must by operated by United or United Express.

7. Double award miles is defined as two award miles for each base award mile that would otherwise be credited in connection with qualifying flights during the promotion period. Bonus may be earned for a maximum of 50,000 award miles in accordance with these terms and conditions.

8. Bonus miles will be posted to the member's MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.

9. Double miles does not apply to Premier® qualifying miles (PQM), class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, bonus award miles or other promotional PQM.

10. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change.

11. The offer is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.

12. Passenger must be a member of the United MileagePlus program to qualify for this offer.

13. This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.

14. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

15. Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the "MileagePlus Program"), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the United MileagePlus Program and/or the Premier Program, including without limitation the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements of the Premier Program, and/or the revisions of calculations (including any estimates), will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com.
Print Wikipost

Double RDM and double Marriott points.

Old Oct 25, 2014, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Just another promo not offered to this "valued customer".
Old Oct 25, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Boghopper
Just another promo not offered to this "valued customer".
Did you try to register?
Old Oct 26, 2014, 12:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Avis First, Hertz PC
Any insight into the targeting?

I spend a ton on Marriott and they only promos I get are ever-increasing megabonuses. GMs get 2-stays for a category 5 free night. I get 25 nights for 50,000 points (basically the same thing, but I have to stay 25 nights).

I fly a ton on United and the only promos I get are "Get more premier qualifying miles .." --> "Add Premier Accelerator for $2600 on your next flight".

What gives? I'm not a HVF, but I do spend plenty of premium dollars. My travel is down from last year, but still well above the top tier status. I wish they would throw me a "here are 2000 points/miles for being a loyal customer" instead of only rewarding those that call and complain.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I got the offer and already have Platinum with Marriott and 1K with UA. I give Marriott over 150 nights per year so I don't see how either has any incentive to throw me a bone really...
Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:27 am

Programs: UA 1K-MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Avis something or other
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I entered my MP# and it let me register! Awesome.

The promo looks like it's an "and" not an "or" promo..meaning I should earn double UA miles and double Marriott points at the same time. True? UA doesn't know my Marriott # so how do I earn double Marriott points at the same time?

Bummer I have a Europe trip already booked in "W" class for November so I won't earn double miles on that one.

Thanks,
RM
I don't remember telling either one my number for the other but it may have happened. Anyway, I registered on the link (Thanks OP!) using my MP# and it now appears on my Marriott Promos page.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Sigh also not eligible, but let's give them credit for making a promo that extends below M class.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:49 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier; United Platinum
I got the offer… But all my stuff is already booked for that period.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 12:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k
what's a rewards plus bonus?

i got a couple sets of 500 miles and no idea what its for
Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:24 am

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by travel.flier
i got a couple sets of 500 miles and no idea what its for
I'm assuming it's for the marriott promotion - I've got a ton of miles posting too....
Old Nov 22, 2014, 4:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
I'm assuming it's for the marriott promotion - I've got a ton of miles posting too....
hmm, i've stayed at a marriott once this year and it was like 2 mos ago. but the points just posted. what's the promo, do you know?
Old Nov 22, 2014, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
The ONLY offer I have received in the last two years was this one - and the miles just started posting:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...tt-points.html
Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Not targeted.

Marriott is my 3rd hotel chain. This just means I will not go out of my way to stay at Marriott.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:05 pm

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Any idea on how long the bonus RDM take to post.
Outbound posted same day as miles.
Return -- over one week with nothing...

I think Marriott is the lead here -- Lifetime Platinum. It requires 2 stays at a Marriott before kicking in too.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PaulMCO
Any idea on how long the bonus RDM take to post.
I guess the term says 6-8 weeks. My trip Monday has not posted. I too wonder if anyone has seen it posting on the UA side. In the old days with CO, people would eagerly wait for the Bonus Machine to run
Old Dec 13, 2014, 10:39 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PaulMCO
Any idea on how long the bonus RDM take to post....
As T&Cs and wiki state for UA miles
8. Bonus miles will be posted to the member's MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.