Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long to receive promo bonus miles?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

How long to receive promo bonus miles?

I registered for a promo that ended at the end of August. I should be receiving a bunch of extra miles at some point. The promo fine print said I would receive the miles within 6-8 weeks after the promo ended. Usually this is just to cover their butts, though - is this really how long United promotions take to post? I contacted them and they gave me a useless response so I figured I would ask here.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:45 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
You have been vague about the promo -- if you provide more info, there is probably a thread on the particular promo.

As for the 6-8 weeks -- sometimes UA beats it and sometimes UA takes the full timeframe or more.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:17 am
Original Poster

It was a double miles promotion ending August 31. Anyone else have experience with United promotions taking a long time to post?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:47 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by BayAreaResident
It was a double miles promotion ending August 31. Anyone else have experience with United promotions taking a long time to post?
As mentioned, it is not uncommon for UA to take the full 8 weeks.

Was it this promo, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l-upgrade.html ? August deadline some folks think they just got the miles, some are still waiting -- just at the edge of the 8 week number.

There is also this one, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...31-2014-a.html, that had some variations including double miles in some.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by BayAreaResident
Yes. Retailer points posted right away, but the MileagePlus mall points took forever... pretty sure it was the full 8 weeks, maybe even a little longer.

In fairness, I did write and received a prompt response saying that the points would be credited within the timeframe.

I will say it doesn't really encourage me to use the MP Mall when I have to wait 2 months for a measly 1,000 bonus points to post.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA GS
I signed up for the triple miles promotion and so far have bupkiss to show for it, despite having flown a ginormous amount during the applicable time period. I think my version ended 8/31 or 9/15, can't remember.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by harryhood
I signed up for the triple miles promotion and so far have bupkiss to show for it, despite having flown a ginormous amount during the applicable time period. I think my version ended 8/31 or 9/15, can't remember.
Likewise on the triple mile promo (ending 8/31); still waiting for whatever comes in addition to the fare-class & 1K bonus which posted shortly after the flight(s). [off topic, what's the plural possessive of bonus?]
Old Oct 24, 2014, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
As mentioned, it is not uncommon for UA to take the full 8 weeks.

Was it this promo, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l-upgrade.html ? August deadline some folks think they just got the miles, some are still waiting -- just at the edge of the 8 week number.

There is also this one, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...31-2014-a.html, that had some variations including double miles in some.
Thanks. I think it was a double PQM version of the second link you posted.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 3:40 pm

Programs: United GS MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by harryhood
My triple miles promo ended 7/31 and the bonus miles still haven't posted. In inquired about it last week since it had been 11 weeks post promo at that point, and they advised there was a delay in posting the promo miles and they'd appear 10/24. However, as of now, they're still not in my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.