Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United's BWI-SFO

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

United's BWI-SFO

I was looking at United's booking engine and couldn't find nonstops in the Winter. I thought this route was year-round last year and was a year-round route. When was this route cut? Was this an unannounced cut?

Southwest's BWI-OAK runs this January, which is outside of summer seasonal and possible commitment from Southwest to go year round, but I'd be surprised if United decided to end BWI-SFO because of that. Southwest's BWI-OAK seems timed better for OAK pax while United's flight was an early morning flight ideal for BWI based pax.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:18 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I flew SFO-BWI last January, on an A319. They even served a (pre-made) sundae after dinner in F. Guess the E175 doesn't have the range for a further downgauging?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by rtalk25
I was looking at United's booking engine and couldn't find nonstops in the Winter. I thought this route was year-round last year and was a year-round route. When was this route cut? Was this an unannounced cut?

Southwest's BWI-OAK runs this January, which is outside of summer seasonal and possible commitment from Southwest to go year round, but I'd be surprised if United decided to end BWI-SFO because of that. Southwest's BWI-OAK seems timed better for OAK pax while United's flight was an early morning flight ideal for BWI based pax.
I have flown the non stop 6 am flight in February of this year. What time are you exactly looking at?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
I have flown the non stop 6 am flight in February of this year. What time are you exactly looking at?
I went on united.com and searched for flights. For example, January 13, 2015-January 20,2015. No nonstops were available.

edit: It looks like the nonstop flight is not available in January and part of February but resumes around February 16.

Any reason why they are cutting/suspending it even for this period? I know it's a down travel season, but the route seemed to catered toward business traffic and United is supposed to be large in SFO and WAS. It's odd to suspend it while Southwest launches a nonstop to OAK in January also.

Last edited by rtalk25; Oct 22, 2014 at 8:39 pm
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Probably the price for getting that daily non-stop DCA-SFO flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.