Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New deal provides elite status, increased earning with Hertz {Enrollment link active}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SwisherTown
Enrollment link: http://united.com/hertzstatus
Overview

Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...ertz-faqs.aspx

CHICAGO, Oct. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today announced the airline is expanding its partnership with Hertz to offer elevated travel benefits to members of the airline's MileagePlus loyalty program, at Hertz and its Dollar and Thrifty brands become United's exclusive car rental partners beginning Nov. 1. Special perks are also in store for MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus Card members.

MileagePlus members who book with Hertz may earn the following per rental:
1,250 miles – MileagePlus Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier Platinum members;
1,000 miles – MileagePlus Premier Gold and Premier Silver members;
750 miles – Primary cardmembers of MileagePlus credit cards from Chase; or
500 miles – MileagePlus general members.
MileagePlus members will continue to receive discounts when they book Hertz car rentals via United.com.
Members renting with Dollar and Thrifty will still earn 50 miles per day for rentals of one to four days and 500 miles for rentals five days or longer.

Travelers who reserve car rentals before Nov. 1 will accrue the higher level of benefits available if they pick up their vehicle on or after Nov. 1.

Elite Benefits

Additionally, beginning Jan. 1, 2015, MileagePlus Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier Platinum members and primary MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus Card members may sign up for complimentary Hertz President's Circle status in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program, with benefits that include:
Confirmed availability of standard-equipment economy through full-size, four-door vehicles in the United States and Canada, with a minimum 48-hour advance reservation; and
Confirmed one-car-class upgrade availability at all participating locations in the United States and Canada and select European locations.
Questions/discussion of Hertz's Gold Plus Rewards program or specific rental locations should be directed to that forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/
Print Wikipost

New deal provides elite status, increased earning with Hertz {Enrollment link active}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:24 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Didn't read the whole thread -- so apologies if it's in there somewhere -- but had a quick question. I rented from Hertz and got 500 miles posted. But seems to me from MP page I should get 1250 as a 1K.

Is that right? Will the remainder credit or should I complain?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Didn't read the whole thread -- so apologies if it's in there somewhere -- but had a quick question. I rented from Hertz and got 500 miles posted. But seems to me from MP page I should get 1250 as a 1K.

Is that right? Will the remainder credit or should I complain?
The additional 750 always credits separately, sometimes 2-3 weeks after the initial 500.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by Starman
The additional 750 always credits separately, sometimes 2-3 weeks after the initial 500.
Thanks, I'll hold on then.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Thanks, I'll hold on then.
I did my first one in January. The extra points showed up 11 days after the posting of the basic ones.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 7:58 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
Thumbs down United Status match with Hertz - COMPLETE MESS

I filled in the Hertz/UA status match form online - "handled within 5-7 business days" (believe it was 5 when I signed up, form now showing 7...). Autoresponse from United: "Thanks for submitting your Hertz Gold Plus® Rewards Five Star® elite status request. We will review your information and respond within 3-5 business days."

Nothing has happened. I called up the Hertz number on the form, and they claim they do not have any more information - the whole process is managed by United. I called United (the premier line, who should have some clue about this) - and was told... they have no information and the process is managed by Hertz.

The UA agent, to her credit, called Hertz and was given a number for the Hertz Five Star service center, who "would be able to access the information".

Called the number, got through to a general Hertz information line. No, not Five Stars (thank you Hertz for lying). And, surprisingly.... they told me they have NO INSIGHT AT ALL into the status match process, they wait for United to send them a confirmation mail that the match is approved.

This is infuriating. Someone, either Hertz or UA (most probably UA) do not have a clue . Not rocket science, folks...

Last edited by dand99; Feb 5, 2015 at 8:05 am
Old Feb 5, 2015, 8:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dand99
I filled in the Hertz/UA status match form online - "handled within 5-7 business days" (believe it was 5 when I signed up, form now showing 7...). Autoresponse from United: "Thanks for submitting your Hertz Gold Plus® Rewards Five Star® elite status request. We will review your information and respond within 3-5 business days."

Nothing has happened. I called up the Hertz number on the form, and they claim they do not have any more information - the whole process is managed by United. I called United (the premier line, who should have some clue about this) - and was told... they have no information and the process is managed by Hertz.

The UA agent, to her credit, called Hertz and was given a number for the Hertz Five Star service center, who "would be able to access the information".

Called the number, got through to a general Hertz information line. No, not Five Stars (thank you Hertz for lying). And, surprisingly.... they told me they have NO INSIGHT AT ALL into the status match process, they wait for United to send them a confirmation mail that the match is approved.

This is infuriating. Someone, either Hertz or UA (most probably UA) do not have a clue . Not rocket science, folks...
The established process is taking close to 2 weeks. There is a thread in here that you can refer to. With the status match, you get president's circle which i believe is above 5 star. Patience is the key. You will get an email from Hertz that it was confirmed. The front desk or phone agents at UA or Hertz may not be too familiar with the process.

Here is the link: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...nk-active.html
Old Feb 5, 2015, 8:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
The established process is taking close to 2 weeks. There is a thread in here that you can refer to. With the status match, you get president's circle which i believe is above 5 star. Patience is the key. You will get an email from Hertz that it was confirmed. The front desk or phone agents at UA or Hertz may not be too familiar with the process.

Here is the link: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...nk-active.html
Worked for me, and yes, it takes about two weeks.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Update: After another week (and a couple more automatic emails from United saying my Hertz status request was not successful), a United agent who had been working on my request was able to contact Hertz and get everything sorted out. My President's Circle status finally posted this morning. Exactly four weeks since initial request.

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 9, 2015, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Update: After another week (and a couple more automatic emails from United saying my Hertz status request was not successful), a United agent who had been working on my request was able to contact Hertz and get everything sorted out. My President's Circle status finally posted this morning. Exactly four weeks since initial request.

-FlyerBeek
Weird. Did you get any sense of why they were "challenged" in fullfilling their obligations?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Originally Posted by JohnMacWW
Weird. Did you get any sense of why they were "challenged" in fullfilling their obligations?
I had a similar experience when the Marriott relationship started.

Greg
Old Feb 9, 2015, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by JohnMacWW
Not really. The agent seemed convinced it has to be because of a name mismatch between my accounts, but as best I can tell my name matches perfectly between both my Hertz and UA accounts. My electronic Hertz card doesn't show my middle initial, but my physical Hertz card does have a middle initial (as does my United account).

-FlyerBeek
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:12 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Hmm. To get the benefits, you have to book through UA.com, which I find to often have higher prices than direct book. The tie-up doesn't extend to Thrifty, which has far better prices (even w/ rates rising recently w/ Hertz's purchase of same). Another UA tie-up that I won't use. This is definitely a deal for people who rent on OPM.
Are you sure this is the case? Here is a copy and paste from the FAQs (bolding mine):

"Earning MileagePlus miles with Hertz is easy; members just need to add their MileagePlus number to their car rental reservation when they book through united.com, Hertz.com, a travel agency or any other channel. Miles can be earned on car rentals picked up at any airport or off-airport location."
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:41 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I just got an approval e-mail this morning from UA re: Hertz status:

Originally Posted by United
Congratulations. You have been awarded Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® President’s Circle® elite status. We hope you enjoy the following benefits soon:
I assume that my PC status was going to expire on 4/1 due to insufficient rentals last year (does Hertz still do status dates like that?), and they waited until it was going to run out to grant me new PC status based on being a 1K.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I just got my email also confirming my PC status 'match'. I applied back when everyone else did. I thought they had forgotten. I still had PC status, even though I was one rental short, and I assumed that Hertz had just comped me.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy BS, Hertz & Avis Pres
As others here have described, I am stuck in a loop with Hertz and United.

I am a UA gold and Chase United Club Card holder. I originally applied for Hertz PC status online on March 9 (using the joint page). I received the "your request for Hertz elite status has been submitted" email on Mar. 9. I've heard nothing since. When I go back to the http://www.hertzstatus.mileageplus.com/ page and enter my MP#, I am told my request has been submitted.

I've heard nothing in a month and Hertz and United agents can only tell me to call the other. Any suggestions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.