Community
Wiki Posts
Search

booking one way intl award travel and...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:12 am
Original Poster

booking one way intl award travel and...

...maximizing layover time?

any way to do this on united's web site. i travel in crazy ways and often need to have a longer layover than what is available on the website. i have set the number of results to display as 50...anything else i can do? any tricks?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:53 am

Programs: TK *G, UA, AS
If you really mean layover (<24 hours on international award), have you tried a "multiple destinations" search? That often prices correctly as a single one-way award, even if you select segments individually.

For example, search for IAD-ZRH and ZRH-FRA separately, and you can then pick flights that give you a full day layover in Zurich. If you choose saver economy for all flights, it should show 30,000 miles on the summary screen. If you just search for a one-way award IAD-FRA, that particular combination probably won't appear in the top 50 results.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by cliffordbarnabus
...maximizing layover time?

any way to do this on united's web site. i travel in crazy ways and often need to have a longer layover than what is available on the website. i have set the number of results to display as 50...anything else i can do? any tricks?
You can always ticket a shorter connection then call to change it.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:19 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by ASELdriver
For example, search for IAD-ZRH and ZRH-FRA separately, and you can then pick flights that give you a full day layover in Zurich. If you choose saver economy for all flights, it should show 30,000 miles on the summary screen. If you just search for a one-way award IAD-FRA, that particular combination probably won't appear in the top 50 results.
You can do this in conjunction with different dates, for example:

IAD-ZRH departing 12/1 (arriving 12/2)
ZRH-FRA departing 12/3

Just make sure your scheduled layover is < 24 hours.

SunLover

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.