Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New MileagePlus Premier Status Tracker - Take a Look

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New MileagePlus Premier Status Tracker - Take a Look

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2014, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
It would help if it showed the amount of miles or segments you need for the status that you select. It shows I how many more miles I need to platinum at the top but if I click on 1k it does not show how many I need. (I know subtracting 74,823 from 100,000 is easy however it is a minor oversight).
INdeed, the whole exercise is unnecessary for anyone that took 3rd grade math.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 11:36 am

What is the Chase card spend graphic? I don't see anything on my page.
**Never mind, just realized it only appears when you are not on 1K
Old Oct 17, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
I like it. Though I don't like how it pointed out I've spent $55K on my Chase card this year...
Old Oct 17, 2014, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by entropy
INdeed, the whole exercise is unnecessary for anyone that took 3rd grade math.
Well, anyone who took and understood 3rd grade math....
Old Oct 17, 2014, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wouldn't mind seeing the FPQM on there somewhere. But all in all it looks nice. (I do agree that even though it is a circle to represent the miles/segments/spend looks odd that it doesn't complete, my fuel gauge is also a segment of a circle and is easy to understand. I do like the Amex Everyday tracker, it changes colours the closer you get to 30 purchases for the bonus points.)
Old Oct 17, 2014, 11:57 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

It's cool and all to see my stats, especially my almost $.3/mi , but why not spend this time and money doing something else? It must have taken some time to build this database.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Cool, but as someone who's already requalified for 1K I see very little useful information. I wouldn't mind seeing additional charts, even if they're not directly relevant after reaching 1K.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:07 pm

I also like the new page as I don't have to guess my credit card spending. However, it would be better to have both credit card spending and PQD displayed at the same time, just like PQM/PQS.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Sterndogg
Agreed!!!
+1
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
Looks great! Thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by pbartp
+1
Originally Posted by philhayes
It would be great if this could also include planned travel (in a different colour) so that I could track the future trips I have booked. For me, that would be a better indicator of how close I am to each level.
+1

Forgive the extra posting. Meant to quote this comment.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by philhayes
It would be great if this could also include planned travel (in a different colour) so that I could track the future trips I have booked. For me, that would be a better indicator of how close I am to each level.
This is way more important than anything it currently does. You can already see all this info on your account on the main site. This looks nice, but without this function, I don't really understand the point. People have been asking for a PQD calculator or at least a "this itinerary will earn $xxx PQD" at purchase. That would really be a lot more useful.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Originally Posted by Janoonan
What I would REALLY like to see is a lighter colored segment/indicator of how must upcoming travel will contribute to achievement of the status goal.
+1 Different colors. Green for flown, yellow for planned, white for shortfall.. this would also feed to the chaps that want est. PQD on future trips to show. THEN you can click the yellow segment on the "speedo" to see the flights and their PQD/EQM breakdown. The possibilities are endless!
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
Gotta give props where they're due - great aesthetics.
+1: too bad they drove me away and I won't be able to use it!
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Originally Posted by CP@YOW
I'm very happy that it shows PQD even when exempt (I live in Canada), which the regular website does not do. I've been trying to keep track of PQD (out of curiosity and in case United changes its exemption policy at some point) and it's tough without having anything to balance to, particularly as all my tickets are purchased in Canadian dollars.
I agree that this is helpful. Looks very like the Air Canada Aeroplan/ Distinction/Altitude dashboards that have been in use for a couple of days.

For anybody who thinks that this is too complicated you haven't lived. Now if you wanted a complicated FF/ Status program that Aeroplan is the one for you for sure. In that one you can have different status in the FFP than you do with the airline so you need two such dashboards on two separate websites. One reason (of many ) we abandoned them this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.