Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

fee for cancelling and re-crediting miles question

Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, CX

booked a *a one-way award ticket for mom and Dad last month, but will have to cancel it. UA website says it cost $ 200 for re-crediting miles.
Is it per booking? or per person?
I used 70,000 MP miles for US-Asia award for two. I am a general member now.
Any idea?
Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
All clearly spelled out on UA's website.

Fees apply to each ticket individually. If multiple people are traveling together, there is a fee for each traveler.

Canceling your trip and re-crediting the miles, up to one year from the original date of issue $200
Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

thank you for the info. I clearly missed it.

Originally Posted by mduell
All clearly spelled out on UA's website.

Fees apply to each ticket individually. If multiple people are traveling together, there is a fee for each traveler.

Canceling your trip and re-crediting the miles, up to one year from the original date of issue $200
Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Any chance they will be able to use the tickets on different date or route? That's much cheaper than a cancel and redeposit.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Will I get the original taxes back if I use the ticket on a different route?
And how can I make changes online? Or should I call MP office, which means $ 25 booking fees.
Originally Posted by Kacee
Any chance they will be able to use the tickets on different date or route? That's much cheaper than a cancel and redeposit.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 1:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by deltaflyinglawyer
Will I get the original taxes back if I use the ticket on a different route?
They will net them out against the taxes on the new itinerary and refund any excess. The change fee will be new money.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.