Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
PIT-FRA-EZE-PIT Ticketing Question

I'm trying to book the following itinerary:
12/18/2014 PIT-FRA
12/25/2014 FRA-EZE
01/09/2015 EZE-PIT

If at all possible, I'd like to take the LH non-stop (LH510) from FRA to EZE, but this is not an option I can select on United.com -- all options offered have me connect through IAH (and the trick with searching for award seats, then switching to pay doesn't work for that day/flight).

I've called UA and they've offered two options to book LH510: Book in Y for ~$6,000 or split the ticket into one PIT-FRA-EZE multi-city and an EZE-PIT one-way. I've gotten essentially the same answer when calling LH. The UA agent mentioned that LH510 was not part of the UA-LH codeshare, and seemed to suggest that that was part of problem.

Does anybody know if there's a way to book all flights on one ticket, other than a Y fare? It would seem that if I could avoid booking EZE-PIT as a one-way and make it part of the entire itinerary, the price should go down, but obviously not if that pushes everything into Y.

Thanks for any insights!
Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Like this?

Build the thing at Google flights and it will take it to united.com

It is cheaper to book PIT-FRA-EZE on one ticket, and EZE-PIT separately.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
Thanks, channa!
Yes, just like that, except for the price tag. Thanks for pointing out the Google shortcut, I didn't know you could do that. That'll come in handy for pricing and ticketing the PIT-FRA-EZE.
Still wish I could have it all on one ticket for less $$$.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by FlyingFishMan
Thanks, channa!
Yes, just like that, except for the price tag. Thanks for pointing out the Google shortcut, I didn't know you could do that. That'll come in handy for pricing and ticketing the PIT-FRA-EZE.
Still wish I could have it all on one ticket for less $$$.
Yeah, sometimes fares are not combinable, so it pushes the fare up higher when you have more things on the ticket.

A bit counter-intuitive compared to traditional fare construction logic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.