Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[CONFIRMED] GPU's expiring on Jan, 31 2015 will be extended (max 2 GPU'S)

Old Dec 6, 2014, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WhyPayRent
As of Dec 4, 2014, up to 2 Jan 31 2015 expiring GPUs can be extended to April 30, 2015
- Call or email 1K/GS agents to request
- Must have re-qualified for 2015 as 1K (or GS)
- No extension for RPUs

In past this must be done prior to expiration, would assume the same this time also.
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 4, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I hereby grant you credit for the 2014->2015 GPU extension!
Old Dec 4, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
That was sufficiently snide. Well done! I am on the phone with MileagePlus SC now, so hopefully this is painless.

Last edited by fjfv19; Dec 4, 2014 at 12:48 pm
Old Dec 4, 2014, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
I phoned Mileage Plus an hour ago and got my two extended. It took 5 minutes....painless!
Old Dec 4, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by yvr1971
I phoned Mileage Plus an hour ago and got my two extended. It took 5 minutes....painless!
I'm going on 30 minutes.

Edited to add: 31 minutes 57 seconds total due to "technical difficulties" but the agent was polite and friendly. I wished her happy holidays and now have the extended GPUs in my account.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 2:50 pm

Programs: United 1K/1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
It took 30 seconds (literally) and my two unused ones were extended with no questions asked. Nice one United!
Old Dec 4, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis First
I will call and get them extended as well. Thanks.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:00 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by fjfv19
That was sufficiently snide. Well done! I am on the phone with MileagePlus SC now, so hopefully this is painless.
Originally Posted by bmr12
I hereby grant you credit for the 2014->2015 GPU extension!
Thank you, thank you! You're both too kind!

Originally Posted by fjfv19
Edited to add: 31 minutes 57 seconds total due to "technical difficulties" but the agent was polite and friendly. I wished her happy holidays and now have the extended GPUs in my account.
Took me a while too...Actually, I got through right away this morning, but the very nice agent said the system was on the fritz, and she'd write my info down and handle it later. Voila, 3-4 hours later, I have two extended GPUs!
Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Can I take credit for this?

On Tuesday, I sent a passive-aggressive letter to Jeff's e-mail and copied to 1K Voice. I haven't received a reply from either, perhaps because they were scrambling to get something in place?

I was coming here this morning to post in this thread to lament about not even getting a reply, and voila, it's done!
No, you may not...

Saint Jeffery could...
Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:29 pm

I am a Lifetime 1K and have only flown 50,000 PQM miles this year and I called to extend my remaining 2 GPU's, the MP agent put me hold for about a minute and came back to say "DONE and thank you for being a LIFETIME 1K"
Old Dec 4, 2014, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Any chance this might also apply to expiring RPUs?

I had a confirmed transcon RPU (expiring 1/15) be cancelled last week due to weather. At the time, the UA agent said it wasn't possible to extend the RPU, despite the circumstances.

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 4, 2014, 6:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Originally Posted by bmr12
Credit will only be granted if you post the passive-aggressive letter for us to enjoy.
Please, please, please...I need some great reading tonight!
Old Dec 4, 2014, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Any chance this might also apply to expiring RPUs?

I had a confirmed transcon RPU (expiring 1/15) be cancelled last week due to weather. At the time, the UA agent said it wasn't possible to extend the RPU, despite the circumstances.

-FlyerBeek
which part of 'no RPU extension' is so difficult? RPU from a November failure is still valid for another 2 months. The only time I got one extended was a 1/20 trip where the flight was cancelled due to MX (!) and it took a while to get a new one valid for a whopping 2 months.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by cfischer
which part of 'no RPU extension' is so difficult?
Where in this thread is that previously posted? (hence the question)

For those of us who fly mostly/entirely international, RPUs can be difficult to use.

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond

Extensions are nice, given the ranks of 1K will be dropping like flies on 1/31/15

When did they stop GE reimbursement?
Old Dec 4, 2014, 8:25 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by boss315
Please, please, please...I need some great reading tonight!
See post #36. It's kind of anticlimactic...I'm surely joking about my influence over the extension process.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.