Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[CONFIRMED] GPU's expiring on Jan, 31 2015 will be extended (max 2 GPU'S)

Old Dec 6, 2014, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WhyPayRent
As of Dec 4, 2014, up to 2 Jan 31 2015 expiring GPUs can be extended to April 30, 2015
- Call or email 1K/GS agents to request
- Must have re-qualified for 2015 as 1K (or GS)
- No extension for RPUs

In past this must be done prior to expiration, would assume the same this time also.
Print Wikipost

[CONFIRMED] GPU's expiring on Jan, 31 2015 will be extended (max 2 GPU'S)

Old Dec 3, 2014, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
only for those who have already requal for 1K i assume?
Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:34 am

Programs: UA-Plat, United Club
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
only for those who have already requal for 1K i assume?
I'll be calling later today prob and will try to post my results (only plat for next year)

Dan
On my way jfk-sfo this morning on non-ps 752...
Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
This is incredible news as I have two left over and international travel in February. Thanks United!
Old Dec 4, 2014, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, well, well....I called last night. Agent did it, so he said. Nothing happened.

I called first thing this morning. Agent said "marketing department" said on 12/31 they will automatic extend them. This is obviously totally **. He went to the supervisor. Deducted 2 but could not add them back...

I told him to take care of it but not yet....
Old Dec 4, 2014, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by username
Well, well, well....I called last night. Agent did it, so he said. Nothing happened.

I called first thing this morning. Agent said "marketing department" said on 12/31 they will automatic extend them. This is obviously totally **. He went to the supervisor. Deducted 2 but could not add them back...

I told him to take care of it but not yet....
Have you requalified for 1K already?
Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Have you requalified for 1K already?
Yes - both of them checked on that also. It is almost an hour now so I should call them back.

Called them back and apparently there is a system problem that is preventing them from adding the GPUs back...

Last edited by username; Dec 4, 2014 at 7:37 am
Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Yes - both of them checked on that also. It is almost an hour now so I should call them back.

Called them back and apparently there is a system problem that is preventing them from adding the GPUs back...
Same here.
They were able to remove the 1/15 GPU, but could not add it back. Said they will manually do it later. We'll see
Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC

I just called...they won't extend them unless you're requalified for 1K...bummer but not surprising. Guess I'll have to wait a few more weeks.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:46 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Can I take credit for this?

On Tuesday, I sent a passive-aggressive letter to Jeff's e-mail and copied to 1K Voice. I haven't received a reply from either, perhaps because they were scrambling to get something in place?

I was coming here this morning to post in this thread to lament about not even getting a reply, and voila, it's done!
Old Dec 4, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
So to be clear . . . a maximum of two GPUs can be extended to 4/30/2015 for those who have already requalified for 1K?
Old Dec 4, 2014, 8:07 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JNelson113
So to be clear . . . a maximum of two GPUs can be extended to 4/30/2015 for those who have already requalified for 1K?
Yes, 2. That is it. April 30. Not May 1.

And no RPUs. Under any circumstances. (I asked if I could get one extended for a February 4th trip that I have already booked. No dice).
Old Dec 4, 2014, 8:21 am

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Can I take credit for this?

On Tuesday, I sent a passive-aggressive letter....
Credit will only be granted if you post the passive-aggressive letter for us to enjoy.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 8:23 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I wonder if I can talk them into doing so for a RPU? (I see others have already tried and failed, though.)

I have one which has been waitlisted for nearly 3 months now and does not look likely to clear (IAD-LAX Saturday morning, currently booked full for a freaking 757, ), and which will otherwise expire. It will otherwise go to waste thanks to the difficulty of upgrading these days.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 8:28 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Yes, 2. That is it. April 30. Not May 1.

And no RPUs. Under any circumstances. (I asked if I could get one extended for a February 4th trip that I have already booked. No dice).
Great, thank you!
Old Dec 4, 2014, 8:32 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Originally Posted by bmr12
Credit will only be granted if you post the passive-aggressive letter for us to enjoy.
Okay!

For as long as I can remember, pre- and post-merger, United was gracious enough to extend the expiration date on a few Global Upgrades. This has occurred annually, usually in November, as long as the member had requalified for 1K.

<snip>

I'd really like to know what's going on. I just saw that after one year of a $10,000 spend requirement for 1K, you've already moved the goalposts for next year, an inflation of 20% to $12,000...At that time, you talked about bring more 'value' to your 'most important' customers. I see more and more requirements from us flyers, and continued cuts to the 1K program--no more Global Entry reimbursement, changes to award rules, 'complimentary' upgrades are but a myth anymore...and perhaps another cut if we're not able to extend some GPUs for the first time in, well...A long time.

<snip>

If it is your intent to not extend upgrades, please let me know...At least be honest about it! I appreciate your consideration in this matter, and hope you'll consider keeping at least a few 'flyer friendly' benefits for your 1K flyers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.