Search

Fare mapping to Copa (H=V?; Q=?)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2014, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium

Good evening

My employer booked a ticket for me from BOS to PTY on United (operated by Copa). I'm not sure where they booked it but when I logged in to check the reservation on Copa, it showed as an H fare, which should earn 150% PQM. However, when the miles posted, they posted as a V fare (100% PQM). I'm guessing that the obvious problem here is the codeshare factor?

The return flight shows on United and Copa as a Q fare (150%) but I'm worried that this may also post as a different fare class.

Is there any way to verify how the fare codes map across and do I have any hope of claiming the bonus miles? I have emailed 1K Voice but so far they have taken a month to respond (although they did say that they were looking into it). I am pretty close to 1K for next year so this could affect my travel plans for the next few months.

Many thanks
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Operating carrier fare class is what matters for mileage accrual. So if it shows as an H on Copa's website, that's what it should count as for mileage purposes.

This is one of the reasons I discourage booking CM codeshares through UA. United has a very difficult time crediting them correctly based on CM operating class - they always want to translate to a UA fare class, which is just wrong.

You will probably have to escalate to a supervisor. What have you submitted to UA to establish that it's an H?
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium

I actually haven't submitted anything. I think the only proof would be the Copa receipt and I didn't save a copy of that. The receipt on Copa now only shows the return flight (in December). I spoke to a Copa agent online but they couldn't issue the receipt showing the outbound flight. The United receipt shows the H booking code for the outbound codeshare flight.

I guess all I can do is wait to see what United say, unless there is a way of reissuing the original receipt from Copa?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.