Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The OTG Airport Experience at EWR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
The OTG Airport Experience at EWR

NEWARK, N.J., Sept. 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines and OTG Management LLC today announced plans to transform the dining and retail experience at the airline's hub at Newark Liberty International Airport and create unparalleled services and amenities for United's customers. The program will combine leading-edge technology, award-winning dining and renowned design.

The $120 million capital investment for the project will be provided by OTG, selected by United to oversee the transformation in Terminal C at Newark Liberty, including new chef-driven restaurants, expansive food halls, gourmet markets and world-class retail and duty-free shops.

Article: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/unite...140000754.html
It's about time!
Option #2 = a bulldozer.

Sounds good! ^
Old Sep 15, 2014, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
they are all over YYZ T1.

What they did was take over virtually all the hold room area (where you sit to wait for your flight) with ipads that let you order food and bev.

I think its a bit obnoxious myself, but might be a much better option for F&B than anyone will get onboard
Old Sep 15, 2014, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I wish Brooklyn Brewery would return. I miss grabbing an IPA or two before heading off to SGN (where I can only get the ones in my luggage).
Old Sep 15, 2014, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
How about functioning restrooms with enough "facilities"?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by entropy

What they did was take over virtually all the hold room area (where you sit to wait for your flight) with ipads that let you order food and bev.

I think its a bit obnoxious myself, but might be a much better option for F&B than anyone will get onboard
And same as you'll see at LGA and JFK with Delta. Over the top but OTG foots a lot of the 'renovation' bill.

We'll also get a whole bunch of knock-off names for restaurants, as OTG doesn't franchise brands (local or national).

http://otgmanagement.com/the-delta-ny-experience.html

So if you had a favorite at EWR Terminal C like Gallagher's, it will be gone, or replaced with a parody brand. Kind of like if the writers of The Naked Gun came up with restaurant names.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat 100
The first time I went to EWR, I did re-imagine my airport experience. You don't need a terminal overhaul for that.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Sweet! Finally something that isn't a food court competing with a mall in Bakersfield.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
well, it can't get much worse than the current rendition of EWR.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 10:00 pm

You can bet that once this is done, I'll be counting to make sure they installed over 10,000 power outlets next time I'm at EWR
Old Sep 15, 2014, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Only dynamite would help.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 11:36 pm

Programs: Alaska, Marriott
Originally Posted by entropy

10k new outlets and 6k ipads, so at least there are 4k new outlets that are not so obnoxious
Old Sep 16, 2014, 3:53 am

Programs: UA, Hyatt
With easily accessible power outlets and food, this will eliminate any desire to sit in the UC. I just hope this reconfiguration doesn't muck up the boarding lanes too much.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 4:01 am

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
I wish UA would spend some time "Re-Imagining" their operational performance instead of focusing on making their delays more "consumer friendly" at their hubs...
Old Sep 16, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
The truth is, Terminal C, at least C3, isn't so bad. But the whole terminal should be overhauled, instead of more patchwork (like the hallway feels like).
Old Sep 16, 2014, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
The truth is, Terminal C, at least C3, isn't so bad. But the whole terminal should be overhauled, instead of more patchwork (like the hallway feels like).
I agree -- I rather take EWR Term C over LGA's CTB any day (minus LGA's UC). Term A is supposed to get a complete overhaul + expansion (forgot the timeline for that but the drawings/plans look impressive).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.