Old Sep 6, 2014, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1mm), Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Hertz Pres
Angry

Never any special offers for me
Old Sep 6, 2014, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by denuaflier
Looks like its going to people who have already exceeded PQD for the year.
not this 1K

Originally Posted by johnathome
Never any special offers for me
yup, same here
Old Sep 6, 2014, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Looks like a similar variant as these:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...utcall-ua.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ul-2014-a.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...31-2014-a.html
Old Sep 6, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz Prez Circle
"We are sorry.

The MileagePlus® number entered is not eligible for this promotion."

YOU'RE NOT SORRY

*runs away crying*
I HATE YOU YOU'RE STUPID AND I HATE YOU AND YOU'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND THE 1KS!

*slams bedroom door*
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1.5MM, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Emerald Executive
This is really ridiculous - I am at around $20k spend on 100k BIS so far this year, and have been 1k for 5 years but have not ever received an invitation to any single targeted promo. Yuck.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Do not presume to know how United's targeted marketing works by extrapolating form a tiny sample space. You are pretty much guaranteed to be wrong.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 8:00 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by compwhiz
This is really ridiculous - I am at around $20k spend on 100k BIS so far this year, and have been 1k for 5 years but have not ever received an invitation to any single targeted promo. Yuck.
This is really ridiculous - I am at around $50k spend on 200k BIS so far this year and have been a GS since the outset but have not received an invitation to any single targeted promotion. Yuck.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis First
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Do not presume to know how United's targeted marketing works by extrapolating form a tiny sample space. You are pretty much guaranteed to be wrong.
Not presuming just guessing
Old Sep 7, 2014, 7:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Does anyone who received the offer fly other Star Alliance partners? I have flown on Singapore and Turkish airlines in business class several times this year and credit the miles to my United account. I was thinking that maybe I got the offer because United wants me to shift business from other Star Alliance partners to United.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 8:17 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
No luck here. I am at 250k and met my 10k spending but never succeed in be able to register. I doubt that they highest fliers are even incentivized to fly more.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 8:31 am
RNE

We are sorry.

The MileagePlus® number entered is not eligible for this promotion. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! Thanks for your interest in promotional offers from MileagePlus.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Two Million Miler; United 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by mdpdjx
Does anyone who received the offer fly other Star Alliance partners? I have flown on Singapore and Turkish airlines in business class several times this year and credit the miles to my United account. I was thinking that maybe I got the offer because United wants me to shift business from other Star Alliance partners to United.
OP here. I received the promo and the only partners I flew on this year were TK (one roundtrip NCE-IST) and LH (FRA-NCE roundtrip) and that was award travel only.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 11:41 pm

Programs: MP, 1K 1MM
For those (apparently very) few of us

who actually succeeded in registering for the triple award mile promo--even as I did, though I never received an invitation from UA--is there any way, other than actually taking a flight and checking the MP miles balances before and after, to verify that one is indeed registered for this promo?
I'd hate to have to rely exclusively on my own efforts when I might just be setting myself up to be....
$miseked...
Old Sep 8, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
I'm well over $10k PQD, but haven't even hit Gold PQM/PQS yet (will exceed Gold PQM after next week). No joy with this promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.