Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

DL forces ExpertFlyer to remove ALL data pertaining to DL flights- Will UA copy this?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL forces ExpertFlyer to remove ALL data pertaining to DL flights- Will UA copy this?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card

Will UA do the same as DL?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l-flights.html

Class Action Suit filed against DL:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...available.html

I bet the lawyers for UA will be busy on Tuesday figuring this one out. Same with AA and all the other airlines. This could spell the end of ExpertFlyer?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:44 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
Honestly, I don't even care anymore, as both airlines are a mess and out to find ways to hose customers. Flying Singapore Air primarily now, with relatively simple fare structures (though definitely not cheap) is refreshing.

That said, I bet they wait until Friday afternoon.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:18 am

DL does it, UA will follow. Seems current UA management copies everything DL does, so no brainer.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:21 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Absolutely amazing. I have no clue how DL gets away with this but I also agree that the United lawyers will be looking this over and figuring out how they do the same. As someone in the Delta forum put it - "the war against informed customers" continues....

Sadly, the only way to fix this is thru DOT regs
Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:11 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Doesn't EF get their normal data through a GDS, unlike the upgrade & award data UA blocked them from obtaining?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: Continental
If DL jumped off a bridge....
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
*sigh*

Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by exerda
Doesn't EF get their normal data through a GDS, unlike the upgrade & award data UA blocked them from obtaining?
Correct, which is what I do not understand.

A very move by Delta. Please don't follow suit, UA.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:01 am

Programs: UA G
Wow that's really bad. Removing award and upgrade space was annoying, but understandable. Removing GDS-published revenue buckets is a whole different ballgame. One of EF's best uses is looking for alternate flights during irrops. Not being able to see that a DL flight even exists is a huge loss.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Just because DL is filing a C&D doesn't mean it will go anywhere. Large companies try to intimidate small companies all the time without a leg to stand on. That's the advantage of having a huge legal team, particularly if they don't have anything else to do at the moment. They're just counting on the small guy giving up without a fight because of the costs involved.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Just because DL is filing a C&D doesn't mean it will go anywhere. Large companies try to intimidate small companies all the time without a leg to stand on. That's the advantage of having a huge legal team, particularly if they don't have anything else to do at the moment. They're just counting on the small guy giving up without a fight because of the costs involved.
Looks like the little guy gave up on this one
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by mh3265a
Looks like the little guy gave up on this one
And the world is diminished once more.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I agree with your post, but just for the record, there's no such thing as "filling" a c&d.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:43 pm

There are certainly contractual limits to the redistribution of DL's content by the GDSes. It's DL's data.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA Silver
It seems to me that DL is hoping that if people can't set an alert for SDC space, they will pay more to change their flights.

Getting more revenue by making their products LESS useful is such a disgusting practice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.