Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Wait listed for an upgrade, but flight status says no customers waiting to upgrade

Wait listed for an upgrade, but flight status says no customers waiting to upgrade

Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by rtaheri
I just checked my reservation on the UA web site, and it say "Upgrade Confirmed", except that it is for flight 889 on Thursday. This would be very funny if it weren't so sad

I'd better deal with all this at the airport tomorrow

Reza
You are now confirmed on a different day? Call ASAP, don't wait till you get to the airport. Tell them something got messed up. If you are confirmed in R now they should be able to move you to the correct date in R if there is a C seat available. Get a supervisor involved if needed.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: AA EXP Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
?????????????

I have upgraded internationally and have shown up on upgraded list. Are you saying only non-revs show up on upgrade list internationally? Totally contrary to my experience.
Only flights eligible for CPU, once you get upgrade your name will on the cleared list. Many international flights such as IAH-PTY are eligible for CPU, so if you get upgrade your name will on the list. In contrast PS routes are not eligible for CPU, so if you use RPU, GPU or miles and get cleared ahead of the time your name will not on the cleared list even your upgrade is cleared.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
At the airport:
5) Your best shot at an airport solution is with an agent at a United Club, but you'll have to be a member, have a Chase pass, or buy entry.
6) Seriously, your best chance is call again and try to resolve prior to going to airport.
The OP will have UC access because of the travel companion whose u/g already cleared.

But totally agree you want to sort this out if possible ASAP, especially with the bizarre thing of u/g clearing on a totally different flight

Good luck OP. Sounds like UA bungled something -- hope it works out for you. Let us know
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
I asked the supervisor to at least put me back on the wait list. She said she did, but I don't see my name on it.
Please read my post:

Originally Posted by mduell
The list you can see online is the upgrade standby list, not the upgrade waitlist. Two completely separately lists.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Checked this morning, and the confirmed upgrade on a different day was gone. Went to the airport, and explained the situation. A supervisor stepped in, and put me back on the wait list. So they had indeed bungled things and totally dropped me. Went to the gate, and was told I was at the top of the list, but no guarantees as expected. Went back an hour before, and got called in to get the boarding pass next the the mrs. So all turned out well at the end, but really needed the advice. Thanks guys!,

Reza
Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:32 pm

Checked this morning, and the confirmed upgrade on a different day was gone. Went to the airport, and explained the situation. A supervisor stepped in, and put me back on the wait list. So they had indeed bungled things and totally dropped me. Went to the gate, and was told I was at the top of the list, but no guarantees as expected. Went back an hour before, and got called in to get the boarding pass next the the mrs. So all turned out well at the end, but really needed the advice. Thanks guys!,

Reza
Glad it all worked out in the end and that y'all are on your way in BF!
Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
The OP will have UC access because of the travel companion whose u/g already cleared.

But totally agree you want to sort this out if possible ASAP, especially with the bizarre thing of u/g clearing on a totally different flight

Good luck OP. Sounds like UA bungled something -- hope it works out for you. Let us know
Incorrect - if OP's wife does not have any status, she would not be able to bring in any guests on the basis of BF seating.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.