Wiki Posts
Search

R class requested -- or is it?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5-star, Marriott Gold
R class requested -- or is it?

Okay, so I booked a flight to Mumbai a few days ago for a trip in November and then went in to upgrade it with miles + co-pay. Got a weird error message at the end of the process, but saw that the miles were gone out of my account and the reservation said "R class requested" on the appropriate segments. Everything is good, right? Not so fast. I called in today to verify that the upgrade was actually requested and the agent noticed that the miles had been put back into my account and I wasn't actually wait-listed for the upgrade. She was able to quickly redo the transaction, but the long and short of it is that even if you see the "R class requested" on your reservation, you may not actually be on the upgrade list...
Old Aug 27, 2014, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Any time I get an error on the website, I call in to ask them to verify it is OK, or whether I may be a SHARES victim.

Don't trust CO technology.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: *
There is already an extensive thread on this subject. Experience is mixed. I currently have an "R class requested" pending and I called 1K line and was assured all is okay.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
Its moot to BOM anyhow. One of the tougher upgrades...
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:46 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
I have "R class requested on my leg from EWR to DUB, was told that I was listed as priority upgrade for this segment, my SEA EWR cleared. Was cleared all the way through via IAH but itin was to BFS but this was cancelled for winter so had to go to DUB and when this change happened a few months ago R was not available.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
Happened to me today. I have a xxx-IAH-DEN-ANC on Tuesday. I got an email from UA today stating my UG cleared. I went to UA.com. In my reservation details it had R requested. I called UA and the CSA saw that my UG cleared. She changed the R requested to UG confirmed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.