Wiki Posts
Search

Current (Mid-2014) Success CPU rates?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2014, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
...I personally am above 75% out of SFO, but I know that is far above the norm.
To what do you attribute the anomalously high rate?
Old Aug 17, 2014, 3:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Bonehead
To what do you attribute the anomalously high rate?
Partly low sample size (most of my travel is ps or int'l), partly picking flights carefully (esp. SFO-HNL), partly sheer dumb luck.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Current CPU rates

But if ps/intl don't have CPU, where else do you go to get CPU of 75%? Or are you including gpu/Rpu/rdm in that 75%?
I fly out of sfo but rarely fly these days (2P-lite but somehow with over 600K bis miles lifetime)...
Old Aug 17, 2014, 4:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3247 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Being based in Canada, my rate has been 100% so far

I've also only flown 2 segments since making Gold though, so...
Old Aug 17, 2014, 4:25 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by gaobest
But if ps/intl don't have CPU, where else do you go to get CPU of 75%?
It's all about picking the right flights. The last couple of years I was SFO-based, I was 8/10 in 2012, and 7/10 in 2013. Since moving to Vancouver last fall, I'm 7/15 (including one 0/4 trip).
Old Aug 17, 2014, 4:54 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by gaobest
But if ps/intl don't have CPU, where else do you go to get CPU of 75%? Or are you including gpu/Rpu/rdm in that 75%?
I fly out of sfo but rarely fly these days (2P-lite but somehow with over 600K bis miles lifetime)...
HNL, SEA, SAN, SNA, LAX.

Technically I think I'm either 8 or 9 of 9 on CPU eligible flights this year, but I subsequently got downgraded on one of those (LAX-SFO, with downgrade compensation).
Old Aug 17, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
Current CPU rates

My rate is appallingly low compared with prior years. In fact, this 1K fails more than not. I think I'm getting dinged due to our negotiated firm fares (even if they book into higher classes, like M). As I posted before, I've experienced a drought of even instant upgrades. Our negotiated rate is certainly not spectacular (in some cares, I could book cheaper myself at .bomb). But it's really the only thing I can attribute this to. Strongly considering other carriers (but being CLE based, UA still has the greatest options).
Old Aug 17, 2014, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kit125
My rate is appallingly low compared with prior years. In fact, this 1K fails more than not. I think I'm getting dinged due to our negotiated firm fares (even if they book into higher classes, like M). As I posted before, I've experienced a drought of even instant upgrades. Our negotiated rate is certainly not spectacular (in some cares, I could book cheaper myself at .bomb). But it's really the only thing I can attribute this to. Strongly considering other carriers (but being CLE based, UA still has the greatest options).
I don't think the CPU lists can distinguish between a regular M fare and a corporate negotiated cheaper M fare. I believe as far as the list goes an M is an M. It would be too difficult to distinguish what each person paid for the same fare base letter fare.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 4:59 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Kacee
HNL, SEA, SAN, SNA, LAX.
Your successes have been our failures. Of our nine failures to/from SFO, five involved those airports (1 SEA, 2 LAX, 2 SNA).
Old Aug 17, 2014, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Your successes have been our failures. Of our nine failures to/from SFO, five involved those airports (1 SEA, 2 LAX, 2 SNA).
I can't really explain it. With the exception of SAN, they've all been cheap fares and nearly all at peak times.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by Bonehead
I would expect a relatively high rate for a 1K based in a leisure market.
Yes, I've found this to be true. With HNL as my home airport, I don't recall the last time I DIDN'T clear a CPU to LAX or SFO
Old Aug 17, 2014, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 1k, US Airways Silver, SPG PLT, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
Batting 100% on a Thursday night flight from LAX -> IAH as a Platinum. I may be taking the slightly later flights, though.

Batting 0% on a Monday morning flight out of IAH, though.

I noticed my normal route through LAX is gone in the next three weeks, though, and I'll have to go through SFO. Expecting my CPU rate to go down tremendously with that
Old Aug 17, 2014, 5:48 pm

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
Current (Mid-2014) Success CPU rates?

Baez- maybe, but I can't find any other reason for my abysmal performance. I fly primarily out of CLE, so it's not like my competition is lots of GS (at least, not this year).
Old Aug 17, 2014, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
The last flight out of DEN to SFO each night has lately been an international 757 with lie flat BF. And I've never missed it, regardless the day of the week. Bizarre.

Otherwise, I am below 50%.

As a lowly AA gold on US, I'm 1 for 2. As a lowly Skyteam Elite on AF, on DL flights I'm 1 for 2 this year.

So I'm quite happy to not be a 1K next year, and will live with being a plat or EXP on AA.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 5:51 pm

Location: Various tier levels of frequent flyer/hotel plans received for bellyaching about minor flaws in the service I received.
I'm a 1k at close to 100%. I don't have city pairs (I don't keep records that long / detailed). Most of my flights have two segments that include DCA, and I tend to buy fares 1.5 to 2 months out, so they can be relatively cheap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.