Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Question about mileage accumulation in IRROPS situation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Hi everyone,

I flew SFO-IAH-AMS-IAH-SFO on UA in business class (paid by employer).
My return flight was on Monday, and the return flight out of Amsterdam was delayed due to late inbound aircraft for a little more than an hour.
As a result, I missed my connection in Houston (my gosh the security lane for connecting pax was insane), and was rebooked on a later flight to SFO.
The problem was that the later IAH-SFO flight had no remaining first class seats, so I sat in Y instead. (I really just wanted to get back to SFO asap)
In this case, can I still receive the COS bonus miles for the SFO flight based on the fact my ticket was a business class ticket but was affected by IRROPS, or do I have to settle with the miles given to me based on the fact I sat in Y?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
You could try calling and requesting Original Routing Credit. You may also be entitled to downgrade compensation dependng on the reason for the late-arriving aircraft.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the tip and info mahasamatman.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 12:36 am

Programs: UA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulation_261/2004

Additionally, check to see if are due compensation under EU Regulation 261.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.