Search

Waitlist question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM
Waitlist question

Hi -

I'm waitlisted EWR-LHR on a different day from actual award flight. It looks like the waitlist has cleared as the reservation indicates a change. Am I allowed to hold both of these seats in limbo for a day or two or do I automatically get booted off the original flight, even if I don't call to have it reticketed?

Thank you,
Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by pduck01
Am I allowed to hold both of these seats in limbo for a day or two or do I automatically get booted off the original flight, even if I don't call to have it reticketed?
How much do you trust SHARES? It will eventually happen automatically, but there's no guarantee it will go the way you want it to.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Nothing will happen in the next day or so. But you're holding up both seats from both an award and revenue perspective for other passengers.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM
The flights are pretty wide open so I don't feel guilty on either measure.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by pduck01
The flights are pretty wide open so I don't feel guilty on either measure.
No need to feel guilty. If holding two seats was a concern, they should have taken care of it and/or contacted you.

Originally Posted by aacharya
Nothing will happen in the next day or so. But you're holding up both seats from both an award and revenue perspective for other passengers.
He's holding onto nothing. CO's inefficient processes are tying up inventory unnecessarily.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This may or may not auto-ticket at any time. If there is a reason that you want to hold your original reservation for a period of time, call UA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.