Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Yoga: United Passenger Turns Off Over-Seat Light with Toes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Baze
I really hate when people put their feet where they don't belong. On the wall, on the video monitors, on the lights. Disgusting. You have to wonder if they do that at home.
I think I posted this somewhere on FT before, but my random seatmate for a TPAC flight passed out and slept for hours like this:

When he finally came-to, he had a hard time figuring out why his IFE menu was not English.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Baze
I really hate when people put their feet where they don't belong.
But you're fine if people put their hands or other body parts where they don't belong?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I think I posted this somewhere on FT before, but my random seatmate for a TPAC flight passed out and slept for hours like this:

When he finally came-to, he had a hard time figuring out why his IFE menu was not English.
These pictures are classic. I don't get it - who wears black socks and gym shoes?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
Regardless of how gross I think this would be, I'd probably give her a pass because that's pretty impressive!! Now I wonder if she could unlatch the overhead compartment with her toes too??
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by channa
Was the FA disgusted because they used their feet, or was the FA disgusted because they rang the call button?
Classic
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:20 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by channa
Was the FA disgusted because they used their feet, or was the FA disgusted because they rang the call button?
I think it was the nose-picking before using the same toe on the light switch that really set the FA off.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:20 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I saw the uncropped version of the photo a few days ago. Notice the difference?

The overhead bins are open and empty. With 1A and 1B occupied, what is the chance the OHB would be open and empty? The person in 1B is wearing that not-found-in-nature color of blue that UA uses for its uniforms. I would contend that is not a passenger in 1A.

Last edited by Pat89339; Jul 26, 2014 at 1:24 am
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:21 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Ewwwww!

Originally Posted by Pat89339

The overhead bins are open and empty. With 1A and 1B occupied, what is the chance the OHB would be open and empty? The person in 1B is wearing that not-found-in-nature color of blue that UA uses for it's uniforms. I would contend that is not a passenger in 1A.
Good catch! but still ewwww

Last edited by goalie; Jul 25, 2014 at 9:27 pm Reason: added a quote
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
But you're fine if people put their hands or other body parts where they don't belong?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:44 pm
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Originally Posted by Pat89339

The overhead bins are open and empty. With 1A and 1B occupied, what is the chance the OHB would be open and empty? The person in 1B is wearing that not-found-in-nature color of blue that UA uses for it's uniforms. I would contend that is not a passenger in 1A.
I concur. No PAX on plane.

This is part of UA's new exercise program for FAs to keep them fit between flights they will be working.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Meh, very likely some stupid stunt with unknown motivation.

I grew up in farm country with a kid who lost both of his arms in a farming equipment accident at something like age five. In later years he tore around town in his pickup truck steering with his left foot (true story, was featured on 60 Mins or one of those national news magazines way back when). He once pulled me out of a snow bank one late winter night in the middle of nothing but corn fields and dirt roads (and, I reckon, snow banks!).
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:11 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
very likely some stupid stunt with unknown motivation.
The very definition of Twitter. Some people will do anything to get some hits.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
The very definition of Twitter. Some people will do anything to get some hits.
Ah, gotcha! Reaffirmation that I am on the right path as a partial technology (/partial business) consultant with zero social media accounts (unless you count LinkedIn, which I regard merely as free advertising)...
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by goodeats21

Oh my goodness - If this was a California-Tokyo flight several years ago, I was also on the flight. To this day I have visions of this.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by ARR72
To this day I have visions of this.
Why??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.