Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Direct flight is not disclosed in SDC page

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

Looking at same-day confirmed change options for an upcoming flight to BOS I see the following flight as an option:

There's no disclosure that this is a one-stop flight, actually operating as UA1703 LAX-EWR plus UA1703 EWR-BOS. The flight times do provide a clue. But the equipment misleadingly says "757-200", which surprises me because I wasn't aware of a sCO 752 flying LAX-BOS…

A clue that things are complicated is that the "view seats" page won't show you the seat map (which makes sense, the flight is a 752 LAX-EWR and a 739 EWR-BOS):

Just a loud "Seat map is not available at this time. Please see a United Representative for assistance."

JEez, yikes! I didn't press "Continue" to go on so I don't know if they warn you that this is really a three-segment trip, but I can imagine someone thinking they are SDC'ing onto a nonstop LAX-BOS and ending up with a surprise connection in EWR after their change is confirmed.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
I wonder if that's a violation of any DOT rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.