Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Amenities Kit: BusinessFirst/GlobalFirst [2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Forgive me if a topic has been made about this before. But I haven't looked back at the last 5 pages. I was curious on what United has offered in the past in terms of amenities, mostly pre-merger since I've flown with them post-merger and if anyone would like to correct and add in better time dates than I do, go ahead. Pictures would be nice too.
I think early 2000's (Maybe mid, remember pre-merger), United offered H20+ products. (I did not fly on UA Business until 2007). Think the only thing I liked was the moisturizer which was a lightweight gel. (Took my dad's First class kit all the time as a teenager!)
Early 2010's (2011, maybe 2012- did not fly on BusinessFirst in 2012), United had Murad. I didn't like the kit at all since Murad is mostly used when I have acne issues and mostly for super dry skin.
2013-Present: Philosophy. I think this is the best offering since I use Philosophy products. I was on GlobalFirst so I had the full kit (no tin as I was flying in June) Most products though were discontinued. (Hope Springs Eternal and Hope on a Stick)
What is your favorite amenities kit from United? (So I know the packaging isn't great compared to other airlines and some people don't like the brands of the products, but hey, it was better than my brother's J Air Canada kit and my J Air New Zealand kit) Or rant (because let's face it, I will happily give away my Murad amenities kit if I can find it.)

Last edited by jennmo; Jul 24, 2014 at 1:10 am
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:21 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jennmo
... But I haven't looked back at the last 5 pages. ...
5 pages is basically just the last day worth of activity.

Originally Posted by jennmo
...I was curious on what United has offered in the past in terms of amenities, mostly pre-merger ....
Searching using "Amenity+kit"

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...enity-kit.html (2009-2010 thread)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...nity-kits.html (2008 thread)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-crappier.html (2007 thread)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...f-c-class.html (2006 thread)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...enity-kit.html (2005 thread)

and others
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:33 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Use the links posted above. Simple.

Use Search: UA amenity kit

Welcome to FT.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:38 am
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Welcome to Flyertalk jennmo.

What WineCountryUA is talking about when he says "search"...
there is a little blue box at the right just above the beginnings of threads in this Forum. It says "Search this Forum". You enter search words there to help you search for other threads.

Do you swim for a U.S. University? Good luck with your swimming.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:49 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
http://www.jaunted.com/tag/Amenity%20Kits

UA is featured about 4-5th down - with those "special" amenity kits. Try to get CLE - it is a "very limited" edition.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott P, SPG G
well I don't think UA has ever offer Murad... Cathay Pacific offers Murad.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:22 am

I loved the h2o + products! I still buy the sea salt body butter to this day, and it reminds me of my UA TPAC travel during the "it's time to fly" era (2006-2008) every time I smell it! Good memories.

Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:21 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by cyanchan15
well I don't think UA has ever offer Murad... Cathay Pacific offers Murad.
pmUA was offering Murad prior to the merger and probably after until UACO switched to the current Philosophy or Purity stuff they presently offer. Before Murad, I think it was H2O.

Contrary to OP, I think the present stuff is utter crap, I'll take the Murad or H2O any day.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by 1kBill
pmUA was offering Murad prior to the merger and probably after until UACO switched to the current Philosophy or Purity stuff they presently offer. Before Murad, I think it was H2O.

Contrary to OP, I think the present stuff is utter crap, I'll take the Murad or H2O any day.
Yes, I still have little tubes of Murad skin lotion floating around my home.

It was OK. H2O was the best.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:04 am

It's been a while since I've flown UA BF, but I actually have one coming up tomorrow and I'm kinda excited.
Does UA still give out those city-themed metallic tin amenity kits in BF, or are they back to the gray bags?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: UA-GS, Hyatt-Defiantly Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Originally Posted by agjil
It's been a while since I've flown UA BF, but I actually have one coming up tomorrow and I'm kinda excited.
Does UA still give out those city-themed metallic tin amenity kits in BF, or are they back to the gray bags?
Nope, limited time and now gone. Even then, they were only given ex-USA. I was fortunate to get ORD, SFO, NYC, and CLE.

Novelty really. But they look nice on my "collection bookcase shelf" next to the ~45 or so bottles of Bombay Sapphire that I collected from NW WorldBusiness over the years before DL came in and initially dumped the Bombay...
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by USHPNWDLUA
Nope, limited time and now gone. Even then, they were only given ex-USA. I was fortunate to get ORD, SFO, NYC, and CLE.

Novelty really. But they look nice on my "collection bookcase shelf" next to the ~45 or so bottles of Bombay Sapphire that I collected from NW WorldBusiness over the years before DL came in and initially dumped the Bombay...
Ah...gotcha.
Thanks for letting me know!
Maybe I should also find a hobby of collecting something like the Bombays.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
All I can say it is time for those boring grey cases to be replaced! They're really ugly compared to any other airline I've been on.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by chavala
All I can say it is time for those boring grey cases to be replaced! They're really ugly compared to any other airline I've been on.
They're a lot nicer than SQ gives out in business class.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by chavala
Haven't seen the UA grey cases, but has anyone experienced the LX metal tins? Not a fan at all (not to mention the only useful thing in there is the 3M earplugs).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.