Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

IAH-MUC R Space (Book Now for Non-Desired Date With Availability or Keep Looking?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAH-MUC R Space (Book Now for Non-Desired Date With Availability or Keep Looking?)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, 1.1MM

I found IAH-MUC with R=4 on Tuesday Oct 14. However, I would ideally want to leave on Monday Oct 13, but R=0.

Should I just purchase the flight on Oct 13 and hope R space opens up? Or keep looking for R space on flights to other cities (from what I read, it's easier to find R space on flights to AMS and BRU).

Thanks for your advice!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 21, 2014 at 7:59 pm Reason: v a g u e thread title
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K
If the confirmed upgrade is not available at time of booking, operate under the assumption that your upgrade will never clear. Confirm at time of booking or plan for coach (and be pleasantly surprised if you get better results).

IAH-EWR-MUC might be okay; there is one daily lie-flat IAH-EWR.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by juansequeda
I found IAH-MUC with R=4 on Tuesday Oct 14. However, I would ideally want to leave on Monday Oct 13, but R=0.

Should I just purchase the flight on Oct 13 and hope R space opens up? Or keep looking for R space on flights to other cities (from what I read, it's easier to find R space on flights to AMS and BRU).
UA104 is booked 11/39 in J on Oct. 13 (one blocked). Three months out, I'd call that a risky waitlist.

I would just buy Oct. 14 if you have the flexibility to make that work. October to Europe is not the easiest upgrade.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Have you checked on flights via IAD?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:02 am
Original Poster

IAH-MUC is the direct and ideal route. However, I've basically been searching for all possible flights from IAH/IAD/EWR to MUC/FRA/ZRH/AMS/BRU between Oct 11 - 13 and barely seeing any R space. It opens up on Oct 14, but I would ideally need to fly out on the 13 the latest.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
ORD-BRU has R6 on your date. I didn't check any earlier dates.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by channa
ORD-BRU has R6 on your date. I didn't check any earlier dates.
Yes, I just found that. Also ORD-FRA has some space.

This is a process of patience, perseverance and getting advice from FT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.