Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor regarding SHARES

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Rumor regarding SHARES

I flew out of HNL last week and was in line at the UC behind someone that was trying to make a very minor change (seating) to her flight. The agent spent several minutes on something that (she felt and the traveler agreed) should only have taken a few seconds. When I got to her station and asked if they were having system issues, she said "ever since the merger". She was pmUA and lamented the "novel" you had to type in to do even the smallest thing in SHARES.

She then said something that shocked me....."I will be so happy when the NEW system comes on line". I asked what she meant and she said that based on all the complaints (and despite owning SHARES and leasing the pmUA system) there was a system change coming. I asked if it was merely a "version change" and she said "No, a brand new system"!

Has anyone else heard this? Is this just wishful thinking or a misunderstanding on her part? Anyone with any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
In my experience agents always have the most up-to-date info and are rarely wrong regarding things like this.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:44 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
At some point in the future, UA will migrate to Altea or a newer version thereof, as part of the Star Alliance integration. When that will happen, however, is unknown. UA just extended with HP, because they are complete morons.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
I wouldn't be surprised if there was an additional build-out of the CheckIt tool. To an agent this may seem like a "brand new" system but its really just a new interface that lays over the existing SHARES back end.

UA stated earlier this year in their investor day that they planned to roll out a number of new tools for their agents to increase their productivity.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
the much touted Check-It system has been panned by many agents, who just rather use native shares. Will be interested if it truly makes it better
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:53 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by N1120A
At some point in the future, UA will migrate to Altea or a newer version thereof, as part of the Star Alliance integration. When that will happen, however, is unknown. UA just extended with HP, because they are complete morons.
I agree, my guess on that timeline is 2019-2020. They've sunk so many man hours into the current software and GUIs that I doubt they'll be quick to dump it.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fastair
I agree, my guess on that timeline is 2019-2020. They've sunk so many man hours into the current software and GUIs that I doubt they'll be quick to dump it.
Not to mention the impact an announcement of a major system change would have on the investor world right now.

However, even if the rollout is 2020, I'd suggest UA start testing now...
Old Jul 21, 2014, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
the much touted Check-It system has been panned by many agents, who just rather use native shares. Will be interested if it truly makes it better
That's because it's not fully featured, if you have to keep switching between apps, it slows you down, so what's the point?

CO IT failed at rolling out front ends back at CO because they released them with significant functionality holes that agents scoffed and continued to use native. From a user acceptance perspective, once you do that, the project is more or less doomed because it now has the reputation for being crap.

I'm not sure if PMUA even had access to native Apollo because their software did pretty much everything they needed it to do. I know DL does not have access to native.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 4:19 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Rumor regarding SHARES

They've been testing the new system for a while now and the feedback has been great so far.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 4:23 pm
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
JUST RUMOR. UA would have higher visibility about this if a massive change was coming.

There is nothing like a juicy SHARES rumor to bring a lot of posters to a thread.

UA has invested so much into training employees to use SHARES to this point I believe they will stick with SHARES for now. To use a famous naval quote, "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead."

That being said, UA should have fixed SHARES before merging the CO and UA systems after the merger. There were many posts at the time that warned about UA's rush to use SHARES

Last edited by mkr; Jul 21, 2014 at 7:10 pm Reason: spellin', add more sentences
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:03 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
They've been testing the new system for a while now and the feedback has been great so far.
What is the new system? Front end, back end, etc.?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Cool

Originally Posted by CLEguy
In my experience agents always have the most up-to-date info and are rarely wrong regarding things like this.
^^^
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:31 pm

She is referring to the latest patch of Aero rolling out. Lipstick on a pig. While it makes some things easier it still runs on SHARES.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by channa
I'm not sure if PMUA even had access to native Apollo because their software did pretty much everything they needed it to do. I know DL does not have access to native.
Yes, they did have access to native Apollo. I know a few agents who predated Fastair that could actually do things faster using native Apollo....and it helped the times when Fastair would crash.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Rumor regarding SHARES

Agents that told me about it were using Aero 5 and said it was great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.