Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Are Expired/Undated UA/CO Beverage Vouchers Still Accepted on Flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United Airlines complimentary drink tickets (and this includes drink tickets with past expiration dates [which also includes both PMUA and PMCO drink tickets]) are to be accepted by F/A's on United mainline flights.

United Express may or may not have the same policy.

Some have reported having expired drink tickets rejected on United mainline flights, but these appear to be exceptions and the tickets are sometimes accepted by other FAs on the same flight or on future flights.

Some reports of success with Continental Currency -- pmCO FA's seem more familiar with them.

Older thread -- Old drink coupons still good? {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Are Expired/Undated UA/CO Beverage Vouchers Still Accepted on Flights?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:13 pm
Liz

Programs: MP
I've asked nicely for a wiki on this, since I've answered the q so many times.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:15 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
MODERATOR NOTE

The same question keeps coming up and has been answered numerous times by very well respected and knowledgable Flyertalkers-

ALL United Airlines complimentary drink tickets (and this includes drink tickets with past expiration dates [which also includes both PMUA and PMCO drink tickets]) are to be accepted by f/a's on United mainline flights tho United Express may or may not have the same policy.

goalie
UA Forum Co-Moderator

MODERATOR HAT OFF

Even tho the policy is to accept all drink tickets, If it was me and my expired drink ticket was not accepted, I would leave it at that

Last edited by goalie; Feb 3, 2015 at 8:43 pm Reason: added reference to pmua and pmco drink tickets
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:36 pm
Liz

Programs: MP
And Continental currency!!!
Old Feb 3, 2015, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by goalie
MODERATOR NOTE

The same question keeps coming up and has been answered numerous times by very well respected and knowledgable Flyertalkers-

ALL United Airlines complimentary drink tickets (and this includes drink tickets with past expiration dates [which also includes both PMUA and PMCO drink tickets]) are to be accepted by f/a's on United mainline flights tho United Express may or may not have the same policy.

goalie
UA Forum Co-Moderator

MODERATOR HAT OFF

Even tho the policy is to accept all drink tickets, If it was me and my expired drink ticket was not accepted, I would leave it at that
Let me add please : ask politely before handing over your drink tickets. That way you know if and what is accepted. I happen to have chits expiring 2011 to 2015, one of them will be fine depending on the answer I get from the F/A. It's their decision. And I am fine with either one.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
Let me add please : ask politely before handing over your drink tickets. That way you know if and what is accepted. I happen to have chits expiring 2011 to 2015, one of them will be fine depending on the answer I get from the F/A. It's their decision. And I am fine with either one.
Pshhhh. Asking explicitly sounds like a great way to reduce your success rate. Better to try and have the 2015 chit as a backup.

And no, it's not their decision, as we've now learned, unless the decision is whether to ignore UA policy.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Today on United Express LAX-DFW 1/31/15 Yellow Chits Not Accepted Today. FA said their Expired.. I paid for my Drink..
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:05 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Better to try and have the 2015 chit as a backup.
Um, sure ...

Third year in a row that I did NOT receive my packet
Old Feb 4, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM / AA PP, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by TomA
As long as Delta doesn't stop accepting expired coupons we should be OK at United.
LOL!! So [sadly and kind of hilariously] true...

Just another data point but on 1/30 I was on one of the SFO-JFK redeyes in BF and realized I had 4 chits expiring. Went to a few of the FAs in coach and asked if they'd comp the first 4 people's drinks (I didn't see any cute ladies or would have tried giving them away myself ). They (a concensus of 4) quickly thanked me for my gesture but said to keep them as they "don't REALLY expire, we'll accept them anytime" ^
Old May 12, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: UA 1PP MM
No Expired on this Flight

Iah - Bos on Saturday. Yellow chit's with 1-31-2015 rejected.
Old May 12, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by mnmme
Iah - Bos on Saturday. Yellow chit's with 1-31-2015 rejected.
Hmm, thats a first. Was it mainline or UA Express? I have had one refused on UA Express but other than that they scan perfectly.. Thanks and Safe Travels
Old May 14, 2015, 8:57 am
Suspended

Are Expired UA Beverage Vouchers Still Accepted on Flights? (2014-15 Thread)

I met the wife of some VP for Shell Oil in IAH back in January. This woman flies a ton and handed me like 50 drink chits from 2015. I told her the FAs would most likely accept them. Sure enough I've had no issues. I make sure I'm very pleasant to the crew which I'm sure helps my cause.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, 1K 2MM
Expired drink chit rejected on domestic flight

Today was a sad day for me with the FA on my flight from BOS-SFO not accepting an expired drink chit I handed over for a glass of red. The expiry date was 31/1/14 so it was one of the old white chits. This is the first time since the merger that I have had an expired drink chit rejection and hope it is not a sign of changed behaviour on the behalf of the FAs who up until today willingly accepted my very old chits...
Old Aug 12, 2015, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by IainC
Today was a sad day for me with the FA on my flight from BOS-SFO not accepting an expired drink chit I handed over for a glass of red. The expiry date was 31/1/14 so it was one of the old white chits. This is the first time since the merger that I have had an expired drink chit rejection and hope it is not a sign of changed behaviour on the behalf of the FAs who up until today willingly accepted my very old chits...
Try again n your next flight. I've had no rejections so far...
Old Aug 12, 2015, 9:25 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
My wife and I routinely use old certificates. 1/2 of the time they accept them (and probably throw them away) and the other 1/2 they just say 'never mind, keep it' and give us the drink for free. We both still have a 'pile' of old Continental free and purchased certificates
Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: CO Pt Infinite (1k life)/ 1MM - NW/DL Silver life/1 MM
I've just started traveling a tiny bit after a 7 year hiatus, I have a pile of CC, many not even with a date.

A few UA mainline flights took them, I am 1/2 on EJ, 0/6 on TransStates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.