Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Swap in same cabin etiquette

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dcpdxtrans
I once did the same thing where I was the giver. The receiver, flying solo, was so nonchalant and really insouciant about taking F so that I could sit next to my wife that both the FA and I had funny looks...a part of me wanted to take it back and give it to someone else!
Maybe the receiver had actually flown in UA FC before and he knew that there was nothing all that special about it.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:52 pm

Programs: United
If I am in 7A for example or 7F,with an empty seat next to me according to seat map before flight, I pile up stuff on center seat and put headphones on and pretend to sleep, but I am still alert. Usually this keeps the empty seat open, and nobody will be trying to switch seats....and if someone legitimately is assigned to the empty seat,they will make themselves known. Meanwhile, I am hoping for an upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.