Longest flights in RJ

Old Jun 27, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by why fly
No Rouge is a new company, if your flight changes from Air Canada to Rouge you can get your money refunded.
NEXT new Rouge 767 will lose the AVOD as will the 319's.
I assume the E175 will also lose the entertainment system.??? however someone else might know for sure.
PS the new Premium Rouge seating means the seat in the middle on the 319 will be empty like LH in Europe. 767 will get a domestic business class seat.
Rouge is a new company but it is a wholly owned subisdary of Air Canada. It sucks in all classes.

E175s are not going to rouge, they are staying Air Canada but moving to regional. E175s were originally operated by mainline AC, but to cut costs, are now operated by Sky Regional dba Air Canada Express.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by why fly
No Rouge is a new company, if your flight changes from Air Canada to Rouge you can get your money refunded.
NEXT new Rouge 767 will lose the AVOD as will the 319's.
I assume the E175 will also lose the entertainment system. ( again that's another new AC company)??? however someone else might know for sure, what cuts are planned for the 175's
PS the new Premium Rouge seating means the seat in the middle on the 319 will be empty like LH in Europe. 767 will get a domestic business class seat.
Get your facts straight rather than confusing people here with inaccurate information.

E75s with Sky Regional (not owned by AC, just a contractor operating under AC Express) are staying exactly as AC had them configured before, same seats and AVOD, but preferred 34" seats were added at the front of the cabin. Seating capacity remains the same.

Rouge 319s and 763s transferred to Rouge, which is owned by AC, lose AVOD and have slimline seats installed. 319s have euro-style blocked middle J, 763s have the same domestic J narrowbody seat as AC mainline but no AVOD. First few Y rows are 35", it hardly sucks.

Not all 319s and 763s are being transferred from AC to Rouge. AC mainline will be operating 763s with AVOD and pods for years to come as 787s allow transferring of older 763s to Rouge.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 6:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm lucky in the sense that my longest with UA/CO is "only" 1,042 miles (RDU-IAH). I also see the slightly shorter CLT-IAH (912 miles) now gets several CRJ-200s. Not a single plane with F on that route
Old Jun 27, 2014, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...le-routes.html

Many flights well over 3 hours, some close to 4.

While not one of the longest YYZ->IAH (1280 miles) is generally blocked at 4+ hours, mainly due to the west bound travel direction.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 10:14 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by JDS747
Yeah, I've done ORD-MIA a couple of times on a CR7 and no more! Every now and then they have a mainline but it's not very often.

Due to this I always fly ORD-FLL if at all possible. The problem with FLL is the flight times are always jacked up and different due to it being a leisure market. I get mainline every time though (and usually upgraded) and FLL is a really nice airport. Great little UA Club there too which is nice. If they had regularly scheduled flights to FLL, like MIA, then I wouldn't think twice about booking to FLL.
If you really need to be in MIA too that train ride is a piece of cake.

I'm an RJ fan, especially the CRJ705 at AC cuz it features J class and the personal screens. I could ride that bad boy for 3-4 hours . They use it for YYZ-IAH and also YYC-IAH those have both gotta be pretty far if IAH-YVR took me 4+ hours last week.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by drowelf
While not one of the longest YYZ->IAH (1280 miles) is generally blocked at 4+ hours, mainly due to the west bound travel direction.
I took this flight only once, in order to connect with the 787 IAH-SFO flight before the fleet was grounded. It was worth it, but less than pleasant. On a few occasions, (when departing YYZ from an adjacent gate) I've overheard a gate agent asking O/D passengers to give up their seats and take the later flight to IAH due to headwinds and weight restrictions.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
I don't mind the CR7s, but on longer flights, it doesn't matter if you are in F class or not, you still have to deal with one small lavatory way in the back. In fact, Mike Rowe shared his opinion on this earlier this week.

https://www.facebook.com/TheRealMike...13053605371451
Old Jun 28, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by JC5280
I don't mind the CR7s, but on longer flights, it doesn't matter if you are in F class or not, you still have to deal with one small lavatory way in the back. In fact, Mike Rowe shared his opinion on this earlier this week.

There should really be at least 2 lavs on these airplanes.

I was on a 2 1/2 hour UX flight that waited 90 minutes for a gate in Houston after landing on Monday. Thats almost 4 and a half hours with one bathroom.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by schley
Did a search for this as I know I have seen a thread in the past, but oh well somebody can tell me how they found it later.

Ord-Mia
3 hours 1 minute
1379 miles
NO mainline going this day at all... haven't flown it before but damn.....
I was flying the RJ-145 DFW-CLE route every week for a few months (they've killed the viable business times for that route since), it's 1022 miles each way (2-3hrs, I have no idea why it was sometimes 3hrs and I think even once or twice it was 1:55 - I guess jet stream changes it that drastically).

Worst experience was one flight from CLE-DFW when ATC halted all flights in to DFW due to T-storms. We circled for an hour and then diverted to OKC. 4.5 hrs on the aircraft by this point. We then didn't have a gate at OKC for an hour (5.5hrs in our seats). We finally got a gate but were told we could NOT exit the plane (our FA told us we could exit then the gate agent came on the speaker and said, in a VERY abrupt and angry tone that if we left the plane we were abandoning our trip - gee thanks). I started timing it once we landed just in case we breached the 3hr tarmac rule, we ended up spending about 1.75hrs on the tarmac/gate while United ran around with their heads cut off on what to do with us. Total aircraft time from gate to gate (in OKC) was 6 hours and some change. I'm a tall man, 6'4, those seats were the worst, and I can't even get relief when standing on that damn plane (I have to hunch over quite a bit). I was also up front, with the single bathroom in the back, nearly impossible to reach since everyone else was standing. As much as I don't miss that damn plane, I loved the route timing, it got me home nice and early every week compared to every other carrier. Oh well. (edit: adding the obligatory, "got me home early - when it wasn't delayed" but in reality, every us domestic carrier has schedule issues, AA is just as bad even with brand new equipment).

Last edited by sholnay; Jun 28, 2014 at 12:43 pm
Old Jun 28, 2014, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm lucky in the sense that my longest with UA/CO is "only" 1,042 miles (RDU-IAH). I also see the slightly shorter CLT-IAH (912 miles) now gets several CRJ-200s. Not a single plane with F on that route
the E145s from IAH to North Carolina were a huge contributing factor to my leaving United. IAH connections always seem to be the cheapest from SMF and RNO, but not doing that to myself when DL will fly me in an MD80 right to Greensboro with an ATL connection. I've done JAX-IAH a few times on UAX and that is also miserable when headwinds are in play, but nothing compared to some of the really bad ones being discussed here.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by bldr1k
There should really be at least 2 lavs on these airplanes.

I was on a 2 1/2 hour UX flight that waited 90 minutes for a gate in Houston after landing on Monday. Thats almost 4 and a half hours with one bathroom.
Yes, of course, but then again let's not forget that the mainstay of the PMCO single-aisle mianline fleet was (is) the 737-800, which has only 2 lavs in Y.

So that's one lav per 66-72 pax, depending on the layout.

Sure, that's comparable to the CRJ-700, except on the 738 it's a similar lav-to-pax ratio on flight as long as 6.5 hours...
Old Jun 29, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by JC5280

That's interesting the AC ones have a lav up front as well. It's small, but most airplane bathrooms are, J config being 1-LAV, 1-2, 1-2, 1-2. Never really thought about it, but I suppose it's nice that it's there.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 2:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
the E145s from IAH to North Carolina were a huge contributing factor to my leaving United. IAH connections always seem to be the cheapest from SMF and RNO, but not doing that to myself when DL will fly me in an MD80 right to Greensboro with an ATL connection. I've done JAX-IAH a few times on UAX and that is also miserable when headwinds are in play, but nothing compared to some of the really bad ones being discussed here.
At least CLT and RDU still have flights to IAH, they dropped GSO-IAH in 2012

As you said though, DL is vastly superior to UA in the Southeast. Hell, even US bests them significantly.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CMK10
As you said though, DL is vastly superior to UA in the Southeast. Hell, even US bests them significantly.
I flew US via CLT to get to ATL last week. A321s on all flights, despite the CLT-ATL-CLT segments being <250 miles.

Had I done UA, would have been the Devil's Chariot or the Barbie jet the whole way...no thanks.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 4:47 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
Yes, of course, but then again let's not forget that the mainstay of the PMCO single-aisle mianline fleet was (is) the 737-800, which has only 2 lavs in Y.

So that's one lav per 66-72 pax, depending on the layout.

Sure, that's comparable to the CRJ-700, except on the 738 it's a similar lav-to-pax ratio on flight as long as 6.5 hours...
How is that different from pmUA A319/A320 aircraft, which AFAIK, are a large part of the narrowbody fleet? Don't those have 2 lavs for Y (and similar lav to pax ratio) as well?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.